Chapter 22 - The Perfect Place To Lay Low

"So where is this thing taking place?" Hinata asks me, scribbling something down on a notepad she just grabbed. "Umm... I think an old run-down school in the Roppongi district, not too far from here actually" I say to her. "Yeah I know where that is" she states in response, continuing to hastily scribble down information. "Do you know where this school is exactly?" she asks, tapping her pen against the pad. "Uh I think I may have a rough idea. I doubt there's many abandoned schools in Roppongi however, so maybe it won't be that hard to find". She nods, sketching what seems to be a mini sort of map at the bottom of the page. She drops her notepad all of a sudden, pulling out her phone to search for something. She's really bringing out her detective side for the. It's always been in her nature. After a moment of me waiting, her eyes beam with success as she flips her phone around, revealing to me the name and location of a school. A seemingly abandoned school. "From what I can see, this is one of the only abandoned schools in Roppongi. Everything else is outside of that area". "So that has to be it!" I announce, almost shouting in excitement. She grins, zooming in on an excessive green space around it. "These are all trees" she begins. "From what it seems, the place is surrounded by woodland, meaning we have a clear opportunity to get there and hide, set up shop if you know what I mean". I nod to show I comply, getting a better glance of the layout. "Why on earth would a school be located here?" I question. "I'm not sure, but it's the perfect place to fight without any interruptions if you think about it". I sigh. Looks like Tatsuo had it all planned out... "Also, what exactly do you mean by set up shop? What exactly is our game plan?". She thinks, immediately getting up as she proceeds to exit the room. "W- Hey where are you going?" I call, to which she stops and spins round. "I'm going to call my brother. See if he'll help us out in any way". I open my mouth to speak, but she's already run off giggling. "You didn't... Answer my question" I end with dismally while getting comfortable. "This could be it..." I whisper, taking a glance at the notes she's scribbled down. Her handwriting is surprisingly neat considering how rushed it seemed. I really hope Tatsuo is doing okay at the moment. I wonder what he's doing right now... Maybe he's fighting, or maybe something else. I don't know. I can't know. I won't know until Hinata and I finally set off for Roppongi. I want to get going as soon as possible, yet part of me dreads going there as well. What if we get caught? What if there's someone waiting in the woods on the 'oppositions' side and they jump us. What if I witness someone die or-. I stop myself, taking a deep breath and slumping down on the floor. As much as I trust Hina, I hope she has a decent plan up her sleeve to ensure we're safe at all times. Her brother Naoto is a cop/detective, so I pray she can convince him to come with us or at least stay in the area in case we need an escape plan. "I hope Tatsuo doesn't think less of me because I didn't do what he told me to..." I say out loud, sitting up to sip my drink. "If he loves you that much, he'll respect how much you care for and are worried about him" Hina says out of nowhere, causing me to jump and nearly spill my drink all over me. "Sorry" she says, rushing over and sitting down, waving her phone in my direction to show off an ongoing yet muted call. "So, in Naoto's words, he said - I can drop you off and stay close, but I told you I wasn't going to get involved with this anymore remember? And I don't agree with you going at all, but I know I'm probably not going to be able to convince you otherwise" she finishes in a manly voice, almost mocking him. I laugh at her antics, replaying what she just said in my head. "Okay, sounds like a green light to me no?" I ask, to which her whole face lights up. "It's the greenest light we'll get" she answers, pulling up that map again on her phone. "So, Naoto will drop us off on the road outside the woodlands I guess, which allows us to trek through unseen. I highly doubt there'll be anyone in there, especially since there's no reason to be there". My brain struggles to comprehend how quick she's speaking, but I get the idea. "Sounds good" I reply eventually, the dark green space on her phone jumping out at me. "You still wanna do this?" she asks one last time, to which I look at her as if she's mad. "Of course, no backing out now Tachibana". She smirks, grabbing a key from off the table and rushing down the hall. "Naoto is coming out of work for a bit to drive us there, so we need to be quick" she explains. I instantly follow behind, going over the plan again in my head as we make our way towards the stairs. We've got this. We have to, right?