Chapter 30 - Mad Dog

I estimate him to be around 5'10, long blonde hair worn down while the back is kept as long as necks length. I also notice a signature tattoo on his temple, extending down to the side of his neck although parts of it are hidden by his hair. I dart my eyes across for a second to make sure everyone's guards are well up as well as my own, focusing back onto his sort of maniacal grin. Akkun seems irritated, uncomfortable with the situation as he continues to draw closer and closer. I notice Akkun has stepped forward as well, Hinata and I slightly behind him now. "So the fodder returns" he murmurs loud enough for everyone to hear, his dreadful eyes locked onto Akkun. "You always were annoying Shion" he responds, two clenched fists either side of him just in case something escalates. The man seems taunted, questioning Akkun's role and involvement in whatever is going down here today. "Ah? And who might these two be?" he ponders, pointing a ringed index finger at Hina and then me. "People who have nothing to do with this" Akkun assures, the aggravated expression on his face getting worse. "Akkun who is this?" Hina whispers, keeping her eyes locked onto his tall frame. "His name is Shion Madarame, previously a leader of one of the biggest gangs in Tokyo at that time" Akkun answers, disgusted by the fact he had to say that. "But that was a long time ago, now he's just a puppet used in everyone else's game" he adds, Madarame taken back by the statement. "You're making me seem old Sendo" he calls, despite being relatively close to us. "Here I thought you were praising me". "Well you fight like an old man" Akkun says to him, tempers really flaring between both of them. Hina knocks me, secretly pointing to the guy's fists without him noticing to show me they're also clenched. I look at her worried. Seems like somethings about to go down. "Y/N, Hina, you can't stay here" Akkun explains. "It's too dangerous". I shake my head, looking at Hina as she questions Akkun's words. "We can't leave you..." I say. He smirks, looking at me for the first time since Shion walked in here. "I'll be fine, I've beaten this guy before" he notes, looking back at him with a smug expression on his face, which Shion definitely doesn't approve of, his pierced ears twitch momentarily in frustration. "You don't need to go far, just get out of here for now. I'll get this guy down and then come find you, okay?". I feel myself denying again, the most reluctant I've been today for sure. I feel like leaving him be for the moment is probably the best thing, but I don't want to be stuck in this derelict place without someone who can actually professionally fight to a degree, and I'm sure Hina feels the same. Upon saying her name in my head, she places a hand on my arm, assuring me it's okay. She seems a lot calmer than me, although I can still see she's stressed. "It's okay, we'll hide in a classroom for now until it's subsided" she whispers to me, gradually moving along as Akkun and Shion lock heads once more. "Finally, I was getting extremely bored" Shion snarls, brushing dust off of his done-up uniform. "This is gonna feel good" Akkun remarks, grinning wildly as thoughts rush through his head alongside a flourishing wave of adrenaline. Hina, still holding onto my arm jogs me along as we flee the scene, speedwalking in the direction where the men were before. Halfway down the hall a bang quickly sounds as the double doors mentioned earlier swing open, five men pouring out wearing uniforms identical to Madarame's. "Shit..." Hina says, holding my arm tighter as we both rush back the way we came. We pass back across where Akkun was before, who's now advanced up to fight Shion. "Did you think I'd come all on my own?! Shion crackles to us, the five men of his chasing us as we set off down the other hall originally on our left. "What should we do?" Hina queries, looking around for anywhere we get escape to instead of running off too far. I look around as well, randomly choosing one classroom to pounce into. "Come on" I beckon to Hina, taking charge and pulling us back through a door and into a random class near the double doors on this side, slamming the door behind me. Before anyone can say anything, an idea sparks to mind. "Help me with this" I say to Hina, signalling her over so we can both push this shelf down in front of the door. After a couple of forceful shoves, the large shelf topples down in front of the door just as the grunts reach us. There's banging and shouting as they try and get in, but lucky for us there's no avail. We both step back and away from the entrance, the five men persisting as they all crash against the door. "I can't believe they'd come in here and hit a girl" Hina jokes, to which I laugh while shrugging. "They seem like creeps so it doesn't surprise me" I respond with. We smile at each other amongst all the chaos, overhearing the men talking to themselves, questioning whether to leave it or carry on. "I hope they don't go and join Akkun... There's no way he's going to be able to handle a six on one" I say dismally, Hina agreeing amongst trying to ensure me it'll be okay. We think for a second before realisation strikes. We look at each other puzzled, realising that the grunts and calls from the men are different now. It's moved away from trying to get into a classroom and now sounds like generic fighting. Akkun maybe...? Did he get away from the other guy so quickly? I ask myself. Somehow it doesn't seem likely. Surely this is somebody else...

 Surely this is somebody else

(Shion Madarame)