Chapter 26 - Chaos Unleashed

My eyes dart between each individual as they make their way into view, a battleground forming where students once entered a prospering education provider. It's hard to keep track of everyone at this point, large crowds forming with each man and maybe woman backing each other up. My gaze manages to part past the crowds and over to the entrance of the building, two men looking suspicious as they attempt to pull out the boards which block access to an easy entrance. "Hey Akkun look!" I call, maybe a little two loud. He stares at me surprised, to which I point over to the entrance where said men gather. One of them is the guy talked about before. Shuji Hanma I believe. The other I don't know. Don't recognise at all, although his features seem familiar somehow. Like someone has mentioned them to me before. Rosy pink hair, tied up at the back. Something unusual about his face, but I can't really distinguish it from here. Where have I seen him before? "What are they doing?" Hina asks, stepping on a stinging nettle to allow safe passage through to where she's going. "Hey what are you doing now?" Akkun asks, not too fond of Hina wandering off a few steps. "I'm just getting a closer look, I'll be careful" she reassures, both of us joining her so she's not alone. I glance over at Akkun for a second, who's focus has moved away from the men at the door and onto Hina. I can tell he's watching her steps, making sure she doesn't step on anything that could prick or hurt her. I smile stupidly, staring back at all the commotion ahead of us. Akkun seems like a really caring guy, despite only meeting him today. I take a look over, realising the familiar guy is holding something with both of his hands, seemingly a metal bar. "A crowbar...?" I question out loud, soon realising that it seems self explanatory. Hanma is guarding him while he pries the boards off with the bar, allowing them inside. From what I can tell, there's other men who seem eager to join them, although they're not up the steps with them. Instead they're protecting them, beating off any brave yet unlucky soul that makes an attempt to stop them. It seems to be working too, not in our favour however. If they get inside first it could be bad for us... "I don't know what they're planning, but if they escape inside, there's a chance Tatsuo will follow them, and a few of the other higher division members as well" Akkun states. "Okay, what are you thinking?" I ask. "I'm not sure at this moment, but all I know is that I want to get in the building as well, help everyone out". I think for a moment, assessing the dire options we have presented to us. "What's stopping you?" Hina asks him, taking a sip from her flask. "Well, I doubt I'm going to be able to sprint through the front doors unscathed, someone will definitely spot me. Plus if that's the case that means they're going to want to stop me. As well as that, it also means you two are left on your own". I sigh, realising he's right. At this moment I time we're really out of options. "What if we came with you?" Hina asks, both of us staring at her perplexed. "Didn't you hear him?" I ask. "There's no way we'll get in, especially if there's three of us". She shakes her head, placing a hand on my shoulder as if she's about to explain something to me. "What if... What if we don't need the front entrance. It's a school right? So there's bound to be some sort of back entrance or backdoor that leads somewhere". My eyes light up in response to her genius idea. "That could work" Akkun adds, swiftly moving round the trees so we're away from the commotion. "If we can sneak past this line of trees, we theoretically should have a clear route towards whatever back door you theorised about". We both smile in excitement, taking careful steps however to ensure I'm being quiet, not stepping on things that draw attention to us. Akkun stops for a moment, looking back and nodding his head at me. "You ready?" he asks, a wave of confidence washing over me as I determinedly nod back.
"Always"