Chapter 25 - Kings Of Hell

Akkun stops us just as we reach the tree line, urging us to crouch down alongside him. He puts his index finger to his lips to indicate silence, pointing to something in the distance. "I assume this is what you're looking for?" Akkun asks, joining us as we peer around the tree to which the school reveals itself. It's exactly how I expected it to be to be honest. Barren, run down, paint wearing off at certain exterior points. It's pretty large as well, spacious from what I can see from here. However my attention is quickly drawn away from the building and over to the muffled sounds of human shouting. Hina nudges my arm slightly, pointing over to the excessively large groups of people standing outside of the school, facing each other in a sort of stand off way. The side closest and with their backs towards us are wearing a black uniform decorated with red Japanese symbols, which I instantly recognise to be the same as Akkun's attire, as well as Tatsuo's that night on the rooftop. The other side is dressed in a similar fit, although the uniform is all white with less symbols and in a different dark colour too. "They call themselves 'Jigoku'" Akkun whispers to us, an anxious look on his face. "It basically translates to 'hell', which is actually what the writing on the back of their uniform translates to". I stare confused, trying to get a glance at said uniform pattern. I'm sure I'll see it eventually. "Nobody is sure who their leader is" Akkun begins once more. "We've made our assumptions, judging by who's on their side, but no-one knows who the 'king of hell' is" Akkun jokes, sarcastically making it out as if it's cool or something. "I've definitely made my guess on who the leader is. If anyone is linked to Satan in my eyes, it's him". Akkun extends his hand out as he finally gets up off of the ground, helping us both up in the process. We both move closer, trying our hardest to follow where his finger is pointing. "That one? Rosy hair? " Hina asks, to which he shakes his head. "No, the one in front of him. Really tall, black hair with yellow streaks". I eventually make out who he means, the towering sight of the man alone enough to make me uneasy. "He looks strange alright" I murmur, the wide grin spreading across his face jumping out at everyone, a black face mask pulled down onto his chin. "Shuji Hanma is no joke..." Akkun mumbles, his breath a little shaky this time. "Tatsuo better not slip up". I notice Akkun's hand clenched into a fist, the uproar from the schoolyard instantly drawing my attention back. A lot of familiar faces stand out to me, which may sound strange considering I can only see the backs of their heads. Nonetheless, everyone's here. Chifuyu, Hakkai, Kazutora, Senju. All of them and more. I scan through the crowd of people I don't know, coming to a stop upon noticing one person right at the front. Leading everyone it seems. In front of everyone I mentioned before. No individual surpasses this guy, and honestly I'm not surprised. My boyfriend Tatsuo Hitto, leading the charge once more. I doubt he'd want it any other way... My mind sparks up suddenly, thinking back to that time days ago when Tatsuo swore to me that he'd never fight again. Promising me he'd found a better life for himself. Assuring me I was his top priority, and always will be. Now this little part of me deep down is upset by all this, maybe even a little annoyed. He swore to me yet now he's off playing the hero once again. Yet that part is overshadowed by the fact that he didn't really have a choice. His friends came to him needing his help, acting all apologetic because they knew he was tyring not to get into that sorta thing anymore. In a way I understand why he did it. It would've been devastating for everyone there if he'd turned them down, said no and left them to fend for themselves. But that's not who Tatsuo is. He's caring, brave, considerate when it comes to his friend's best wishes. Nobody who's ever stood by him has thought he's cowardly, or even a bad person for doing what he does. Everyone who knows him loves him, and I'm really not surprised. And that's why... I also love him as well... Always will... There's a short pause as I cough a few times, noticing both Hina and Akkun looking at me with amused expressions and eyes. "You should be a public speaker" Akkun jokes, Hina giggling to follow it up. "Huh?". I consider what he's said for a second, before my jaw drops to the floor. "SHIT WAIT... did I say all that out loud?!!" I panic, the both of them trying their hardest not to laugh. I really just said that all out loud. I didn't even realise, I was too engrossed in making it something inspirational for myself. "Hey let's calm down yeah?" Hina advises, finishing her fit of laughter. "We don't want to get spotted do we". Akkun and I both shake our heads, collecting ourselves and peering over to the battlefield. "Am I the only one who's confused here?" I ask, to which Hina shrugs. "Well they're not doing anything...". I squint to notice the mouth of one of the men in white moving as if he's talking, yet no fighting is taking place. "Does it normally take this long for things to get going? Not that I want them too of course..." Hina adds, observing with me. "Uhh, it usually takes a little while, announcements, intimidation things like that, but I didn't expect it to take this long" Akkun says. Within that moment, a scream of cries rings through the air, pretty much cutting Akkun off. One by one men from both sides charge towards each other as the battle seemingly begins. "Well, I think that answers that question then" Akkun says, looking a little worried. I step forward a couple steps, noticing Tatsuo isn't moving while his comrades swiftly bolt past him. "What's your plan babe... What's your plan?"