Chapter 49 - Plague Of Blood

Two Days Before The Battle, Minato City.
"Ah put a shirt on dude, we're going out". With immediacy Rindo Haitani rises from the dark-sheeted bed, vibrant daylight illuminating the tattoo extending over the right side of his body through the large window beside. "Some dicks near Sakurazaka Park talking shit apparently" Ran informs, wrapping a light grey trenchcoat over his comprehensive shoulders. "Is it really wise to engage in fighting a few days before it's really important?" Rindo questions, aimlessly scurrying around in search for a shirt inevitably lounging on the floor somewhere. Ran stares in anguish, irritated by his brother's lack of tidiness and usual compliance compared to him. "Is my sadistic brother, the one that throws himself at everyone, the careless flourisher, the juvie resident at a young age really turning down this opportunity??". He scoffs, tossing a shirt hanging in plain sight over in his brother's direction, who catches in despair. "You'd think with glasses you'd have the ability to fuckin see things better". Strangely, Rindo doesn't respond, flattening the shirt out in his hands as if it's up for inspection. "Hey" Ran calls, his voice a lot softer now, more sophisticated. "Whatever happens in these coming days, let's do the job right and leave yeah? Like we planned".

Present Time:
A sufficient stumble from Rindo sends him into Ran's arms without any real consent, a delicate hand placed over the blade which appears to be lodged pretty deep. "Hey hey?!" Ran shouts, turning his younger brother to face him as the victim drops down to a shaky kneel. Watching this makes me want to throw up, but the need to stay strong overpowers any ill feeling emerging. The excessive amount of red liquid gradually seeping from the wound takes me back to Akkun, who shared a similar fate without any intensive care. I take a short glance at Hanma, who stands only a few feet away with an expression that adds outrage and guilt into the pool of emotions spilling around the Haitani brothers. Ran places a hand over his brother's, every part of him itching to remove the knife and bring freedom. However even he knows that in doing so, his condition would only grow worse. Grunting draws my conscience and attention to the floor, a few men finally waking up now after being out from the fight for so long. It's obvious they've got no clue what's happening. "Rindo why would you do this to yourself? We could've resolved it!" he shouts at him, letting his brother down on the floor so he can rest his body as much as possible. "T- that's a lot of blood" Rindo murmurs, planting the other hand over as well in a wild attempt to stop the bleeding, which seems to gradually grow more intensive. Ran looks up at all of us, an obvious set of tears building up in his eyes. "Someone call an ambulance please! he cries in such desperation, scanning everyone for any electronic devices. "You fucking do something, you caused this" he stabs at Hanma, who grimaces as his pockets are searched in no quick manner at all. Noticeably, Kakucho is the first one to a 119 call. He excuses himself from the scene, a few rings looping before a young woman answers his prayers. The conversation is muffled, but it's clear there's distress in Kakucho's words. After a little while of listening, it occurs to me that this is the first real time the conflict has been halted. With Akkun there's not much that could be done at the time, with Sanzu's presence obviously lurking somewhere at the time. Now, we're all desperate. "With Kakucho explaining what's happened, an ambulance service means we could all be in trouble if they find out how it happened. We shouldn't even be here in the first place!" Peh-yan informs, proving a point with such validation it's upsetting. "We should probably get out of here then" Smiley adds, his signature grin declined at the sight of Rindo's condition. "I'm not leaving" Ran counters, adamant to stay by his brother's side to no surprise whatsoever. The question is, how do we get out of here. With the information we have, the building could go down any minute thanks to Haruchiyo. It seems like me and Hina are the only ones who really acknowledge how bad that would be. "What about Sanzu? Senju questions, proving my point to be somewhat incorrect. Although the point she brings up should be obvious, since Sanzu is her brother. "I think it's best if some of us go, and some of us stay, at least for now". Tatsuo adds to the table of ideas I'm not the fondest of. "I don't know. We'll all be worried about the people that stay behind". I look straight into the void that is Tatsuo's two eyes, Kakucho returning from the corner with noticeable droplets of sweat seeping from his forehead. "Ambulances are on their way, I told them it was urgent". Ran stares at Kakucho, shaking his brother from time to time just so he stays aware of where his is and the life he has left to fight for. It's starting to look dire for him nonetheless. He's already lost a lot of blood. "Hanma and I will stay here along with Ran, since he's one of us after all. Seeing such a drastic expression change in a person is almost funny to me somehow, with everything transpiring. "Hey hey, who said I'd agree to this? I'm not going down for this, whether it was me who committed the act or not". Rage fills Ran's eyes, but he knows he can't leave Rindo's side no matter what. Kakucho grabs ahold of Hanma by the scruff of his neck, making him well aware that he should pay for what he's done. "You're a fucking psychopath. You know the Sanno Medical Centre isn't that far from here, paramedics will be here shortly. You won't even have time to get out, plus there'll be people along the way who will notice your uniform you fucking bastard". He grasps his uniform until Hanma pushes him away, the luck of a medical centre so close proving to be crucial in such a needing circumstance. Both have fire illuminating their eyes, however Tatsuo removes his brother before he can go too far or even get hurt as well. "I'm staying with you Kakucho. If you go down, then we can go down together, whatever this scumbag wants to do is his decision but there's no way you make it out of here now Hanma, so may as well give up your position". In response to a reckless decision, I draw myself forward, past Chifuyu and Hakkai, Kazutora, Senju, everyone, and over to my boyfriend without any hesitation. "Think about what you're doing, I can't lose y-"
"Hey!". I'm instantly cut off by Ran before a point can be made, it seems he's shaking his brother uncontrollably, Rindo showing no response as colour is drained from his flawless cheeks. "Rindo?" he cries some more, placing a hand on his face. Kakucho leaps down, checking the body as the rest of us wait in anticipation. I can sense most of us here know what's about to happen. I notice teardrops forming in the eyes of Senju and Chifuyu, Tatsuo looking distressed too although he cannot do anything. Something else has caught his attention. A muffled yet clearly noticeable sound of his phone ringing, coinciding with the wail of sirens drawing forward from the distance...