Chapter 43 - The Fair Against Unfair

I observe with uneasiness as another man gets flung against the wall at a height that seems almost impossible, or even inhumane. Of course I did not get to learn every last detail about Tatsuo's friends that revitalizing afternoon around the abandoned office buildings, but the strength they discharge when fighting in hand to hand combat is spellbinding. In particular of course, Hakkai Shiba's strength is the most distinguishable, the blue-haired brute rushing his way through groups like they're nothing. Each individual character that brings this group strength is part of a subcategory consisting of the sturdiest of attributes needed for fighting. Tatsuo, Senju, and Chifuyu all possess the ability of amazing speed. Hakkai and Peh-yan wield what can only be described as herculean strength, whilst Kazutora is crafty and smart when throwing his punches. I draw away from Hakkai, his back up against Senju to support her. I inspect the crowd for all of four seconds until I detect Tatsuo, who is of course performing some sort of taekwondo back kick which immobilises the enemy upon striking his solar plexus. "Seems like they're faring well" Hinata murmurs in my direction, prompting me to hunt through the crowd picking out each unconscious or struggling body on the floor from the opposing side, as well as our own. Although we're obviously coping well, there is definitely a more than moderate amount of people wearing our own uniform struggling to rise up from the ground. The henchmen from their side are not that strong on their own it seems, with either Kakucho or the Haitani brothers doing most if not all of the heavy lifting. I lock onto Chifuyu, who barely blocks a kick from the youngest Haitani brother before delivering a right hook just as impactful. Despite landing it pretty effectively, he rises pretty much instantly, Ran Haitani attempting to join in before Kakucho appears in his peripheral. I watch in no veneration as Kakucho sprints through the crowd, barraging and flinging individuals out of his way with excruciating force. I stand up as a sentry, realising Tatsuo's brother shows no sign of stopping whatsoever, his impaired eyes locked directly onto Hina in a threatening manner. I stand in front of Hina, trying my hardest to stand tall as he emerges at the front of the crowd. She gazes into the back of my head in admiration although she's obviously affrighted. With a roaring clamour he continues on, pushing the last man between us and him against the decaying wall. I clench my hand into a rageful fist, ready to throw a punch of desperation or distress before the raging beast is thwarted, tackled and tossed to the ground out of nowhere by Tatsuo, a look of enmity in his ill-lit eyes. "We weren't done yet" he mutters, landing a punch directly against Kakucho's right cheek before he can even think about reacting. His brother grimaces, rolling away from Tatsuo's prison in a clumsy fashion. At least he's not after us anymore I guess. The attacks from the two of them blaze past one by one, Tatsuo's kick blocked by Kakucho before he seizes his collar, throwing him to the side before another punch can be thrown. Tatsuo slides across the floor, immediately rising as his journey ends, his trousers covered in some sort of dust or maybe grime. They charge at each other once more, Kakucho only just ducking under a high-flying kick before retaliating with a gut-wrenching punch only that manages to fall short of Tatsuo's stomach. In that moment, a wail of pain rings out, all eyes fixated on the centre of the room where a man kneels with a hand on his face. I and everyone else watch horrified as flowing blood seeps through the creases and gaps in his hand, the palm removed to reveal a huge gash running from his cheekbone past his eye. Kakucho and Tatsuo glance at each other in unison, almost as if they were on the same side. Like nothing ever happened these past five minutes. The alarmed expressions on both of their faces tells me that the man's condition is near terrible. Two men surround him, one attempting to comfort the guy while the other rummages through his pockets in quite a graceless fashion. A few moments pass, before realisation sets in. For everyone. I notice people recognisable to me look around at tut at the amount of small knives or telescope batons the men in white possess. They look like children wielding toys, except I get the idea they didn't actually expect to injure someone as badly as they did, the one inflicting the gash wielding what seems to be some sort of dagger, disturbingly dripping with the victim's blood. With that more commotion occurs, as Tatsuo flies through the air and lands a punch right against his brother's spleen, causing to cry out in pain with saliva unexpectedly escaping from his mouth. "Are you happy with yourself?!" Tatsuo questions, landing an impressive spinning hook kick that connects with Kakucho's jaw. With that he drops to the floor, not getting much freedom to recover as Tatsuo attempts to grab his collar just as Kakucho did to him before. Before he can however, he pushes him away with a kick to the stomach, rising although he seems slower and sluggish now. He wipes his mouth positioning himself so he's not impacted fully by Tatsuo pinning him against an unstable wall. "You really think this is what I wanted?!" Kakucho shouts in his face, struggling to overpower Tatsuo although his strength is something to marvel over, eventually forcing him off so he can stand just that little bit taller. "You know you can't bargain with the likes of Sanzu, or Hanma, or the Haitani's! If you must know I did speak to them, I told them that we should get this shit show over with and rule Japan on our own accords!" He sighs, quieting down as the two of them stand tallest amidst the chaos behind them, the rest of our friends faring well to avoid any sort of major damage being inflicted onto them. Kakucho observes the pandemonium, sighing upon realising how messed up this all is. "This isn't how it was supposed to go"...