Chapter 7 - Just A Normal Date

I feel a gentle hand slither into my pocket, his hand connecting with mine as we amble down the street. I stare up at Tatsuo, who walks closely beside him, my eyes fluttering upon meeting his. "You're cute" I whisper to him with a smile, playfully tugging on the popsicle stick hanging out of his mouth with my available hand. Eventually, he takes it away from my reach, smirking down at me. "I know". "Hey you could at least say it backkk!" I moan at him, gleefully knocking against him. I understand I'm probably a pain, but he'll have to get used to it. "Fine, I guess you're cute as well". My smile fades. A few seconds pass before I knock against him again. "Hmm that doesn't sound very convincinggg". All I get is a grin, as if he's toying with me on purpose. "Hey, we're here" he says to me, stopping outside a large fancy-looking building. "Woah..." I murmur to myself, looking through the windows at all the tables, ornaments, food. It's like heaven. "Nice isn't it?" he says to me, propping open the door so I can enter the establishment. I nod, excitement growing inside me. "Thanks" I say to him, rushing through the door as he closes it behind me, turning to observe the mass array of colours and sparkles. "So pretty..." I whisper to myself, my eyes following a pattern of lanterns strung up across the ceiling. "Hey don't get lost okay?" he says to me, pulling me closer to him. I squeal a little, pressing myself closely against him to avoid bumping into anyone else. There's quite a few people dining here.
I watch with loving eyes as Tatsuo consults with the waitress, who proceedingly escorts us over to a large table in the corner of the restaurant. As we sit down I take a moment to admire the vase on our table, full of pretty orchids. I sit opposite Tatsuo, who immediately opens the menu that was neatly organised on our table beforehand. I joke and play around with the cutlery, making music and jokingly pointing knives at Tatsuo, to which he responds to cutely. "I'm hungryyy" he groans, slumping down in his leather seat. "Hey we'll order some food now yeah?" I ask, opening my own menu now as well. "Yayy" he mumbles, his words trailing off. He's so cute...
Some time passes, we get round to ordering some starters after a long pointless convo about our favourite songs, favourite artists, just a bunch of ramble. "Good?" he asks me as I stuff my face with sweet and sour chicken. He's taken me to a Chinese restaurant, so obviously I'm gonna eat as much as humanly possible. I give him a simple nod due to the food in my mouth, causing him to giggle a little. "What's funny?" I ask, swallowing the remaining few bits. "Nothing" he says back, eating some food of his own now too. We sit and eat in silence for a little while, exchanging sight glances and smiles now and then. "How's your face...?" I ask, placing my fork to the side. He sighs, feeling his cheek. It seems to be quite red. "It's okay, don't worry". I stare as if I'm not convinced, but brush it off. He wouldn't lie to me, I know this. "So when are you gonna start telling me what goes on between you and all your delinquent friends?" I ask sternly, tapping my index finger on the table. He looks at me confused, wiping the sauce from his bottom lip. "You make them sound like they're terrible people" he says to me, continuing to eat the remaining food left on his plate and avoid my question. "No no I didn't-" I stop myself, sinking back down into my seat. "I'd just like to know what goes on so I know you're safe". "Okay... I'll update you next time... and every other day as well". I smile. "Thank you". He nods, switching his phone on to check something. I sit and wait, noticing something out of the corner of my right eye. A person, who's seemingly coming towards our table. They're probably not coming to talk to us... I think to myself, turning back to Tatsuo, who's put his phone back down on the table. "Everything oka-?"
A slam interrupts the end to my sentence. I jump, startled at the noise I've just heard. I quickly glance over at Tatsuo, who's seemingly shocked as well, before looking back again to see what made the sudden noise. To my surprise, I look across to see a pair of bright green eyes staring down at Tatsuo. It's a woman I don't recognise, she seems out of breath as well.
"Thank god, I found you..."