Chapter 58 - Hatred & Mania

The clamorous thumping manifesting inside Tatsuo's head only grows louder as gushes of unbound wind whip his lengthy hair back and forth. It's hard to imagine an individual's body completely captivated by rage and affliction, but Tatsuo seems to be one proud to demonstrate it, maybe against his own free will however. "Is he even human?" Sanzu ponders, wiping the newly-formed scar prominent on his face as the inspections of Tatsuo's new persona begin. Seeing these impulses in person is obviously spine-chilling, however Sanzu's chances are fancied more with a katana in his hands and Hanma at his disposal against one singular yet menacing man. Hanma chuckles, a rather maniacal grunt as if he's pleased with what he's witnessing. In his eyes it's a transition towards a darker side of life. "What a fun game we're playing" he taunts, his tone of voice disturbingly clear as if his fear of the opponent is gone, cruel confidence transpiring like he's never witnessed something like this before. Without warning Sanzu leaps up, wielding his katana high above his head as his feral charge towards Tatsuo begins. With one cogent swing he brings the weapon down with surprising accuracy, only to come just that little bit short as Tatsuo shifts out of the way. Both men are fixed with stupefaction as that attack seemed guaranteed to land in their cynical eyes. How one could react in time remains a mystery, but Sanzu isn't going to question it for long, lilting another grand attack which is instantly met with a duck. Tatsuo's whole body drops to the floor, only to rise again after the sharp-edged blade bids farewell to his line of sight as the moment to strike grows nearer and nearer. In the eyes of many the moment to strike may appear like the moment of kill, as the inky swirls that make up Tatsuo's eyes glare pure evil alongside the power of his rebuke. He brings his leg around in one flashy spiral until his boot connects directly with Sanzu's temple, sending his whole body into a limp spasm on the floor. At first it's clear he's still conscious, however such a disastrous blow proves to be just enough to immobilise the threat for quite some time. His body lands directly parallel to where Kakucho lies, his body still motionless as blood trickles then pours straight from his torso. His status in this cruel world is unknown for now as Tatsuo hasn't had the time, focus or jurisdiction to check he's still with him. In the distance Hanma sighs, leaning down onto the ground as Tatsuo swivels to meet him in what seems like a final showdown. The two are similar in height, with Hanma towering just a little taller over his opponent although that factor may not matter against a force so great. Emerging from the ground, Hanma fiddles with the charred brick in his hands, glancing around in envy at the flames that elucidate his eyes during their concert of prances and wallows around the battlefield. With both parties down to one singular member, the atmosphere feels perfect as they both know only one of them can survive to escape the purgatory wistfully created. "How grand your exit will be" Hanma mumbles, clenching a hateful hand around the object as Tatsuo ambles towards him. It takes a second, but finally both men sprint at each other with the intent of brutal execution. It's Hanma who attempts the first strike, swinging the brick with excellent force at his opponent who calmly slides between his legs, darting out of the way of the flame that billows in close proximity. Instantly with the new opportunity presented, Tatsuo swings for a punch only to be met with an extremely defensive block as Hanma reads the move to close perfection. Before Tatsuo can move again, Hanma strikes, connecting brutally with his opponent's jaw which sends the man flying backwards amidst the burning glows. He takes a considerate moment, tying a loose strap on his boot at Hanma charges once again. The two connect once more, landing a punch against each others cheek which shocks them for just a moment, before Hanma swings again, barely missing with the makeshift weapon in his bloody hand as Tatsuo's spinning hook kick connects directly against his stomach. Whilst he's winded, Tatsuo grasps the perfect moment, jumping up for a kick with lashes directly against Hanma's face. With a pained cry he stumbles, wiping the blood trickling against his perforated lip. The two continue their scrap for some time, Tatsuo landing perfect kicks against Hanma who only manages to catch up with a few eloquent punches and kicks of his own. Tatsuo glares at Hanma, who seems amused by what he's just discovered illuminating their battlefield. Our story's plot twist has finally come to pass, unwanted spite brewing to block the protagonist's goal. Just as he's prepared to fight again, an agonising throb runs across his whole left side. It takes many moments for him to regain his stance, before realising the cause of such agony. Across his torso is a lit flame, flourishing amongst his arm and side causing burns of dangerous severity. Despite managing to fan the flames away, his right arm has suffered multiple degree burns which originally went unnoticed, a sense of numbness and agony overwhelming him and deeming it unusable. Hanma realises the chance to finish this is now, lunging at Tatsuo with fatal intentions. Inside such a terrorising moment, peculiar calmness washes over him. As if he's not alone within his personal curtain's drop. "Tatsuo...?" In that moment life falls still. The familiar yet unfamiliar voice pierces Tatsuo's soul, metaphoric strings dragging him around until he's face to face with an evanescent figure. She seems ghostly, merging with the flames which in turn are illuminated by her beautiful maple eyes and white smile. Such an incidental sight is enough to send Tatsuo into tears. Not just simple tears you can wipe away, but streams that seem to mitigate his horrid, caliginous impulses for the moment. "M- mom...?"
Her dark hair flows with the atmosphere, shining down on Tatsuo bringing a new light onto the hopeless situation. She glances down at his singed arm, cutely frowning at her son's shook condition. "You've grown big..." she compliments, viewing both him and Kakucho in a way that appears almost God-like. "Make sure you remember what I used to tell you. You can't beat an individual that never gives in, okay?". Sobbing, Tatsuo tries his hardest to keep the moment going, but even he knows none of this is real, despite how much he wishes it was. "Look after your brother from now on for me". Turning his frown upwards, he admires the fact his mom has been watching over him all these years, ever since the accident that took her from him so abruptly. Although the moment was short-winded, the sweetness of it brings countless quotas of motivation as reality starts to drag itself back into Tatsuo's life, his mother's emotional pneuma fading away for good. Suddenly the real world wins the race, catching back up to Tatsuo in good time as Hanma's charge resumes. Despite his scorched injuries and excruciating pain, the hope he's gained from his mother's words motivates him to finish what he started. He can't lose now. What would his friends think when carrying his coffin in weeks to come. What would Y/N think...? Arising to tall heights, he clenches a fist, launching it straight into Hanma's face before his own can connect. The force pains Tatsuo significantly, but his power is worse for Shuji who flies backwards at a severe level. Sanzu, who is conscious and watching, tries to move, but can't due to the pain and strain his legs begin to experience. Before Hanma can stand, Tatsuo is already right there, swiping a kick against his face which sends him airborne once more. Full of rage, the battering doesn't stop, the enemy tangled in seemingly hundreds of punches and kicks until his whole face succumbs to bruises and agony. After a few minutes of torment, Tatsuo crouches down over Hanma's body fading in and out of consciousness. One after the other he pulls punches, completely battering his face over and over as rage and bloodshed is portrayed through the sheer force of his attacks. If nothing intervenes, Hanma could face life-threatening injuries or even death. Sanzu sits traumatised, unaware of the rising dead that stumbles and groans next to him. Tatsuo goes on and on, decorating the opposition's face with bloody cuts, red marks and inflammation from the amount of punches being brought down on him. He doesn't seem to want to stop. An unstoppable force inevitably would ensure death upon Shuji Hanma's helpless cadaver. Unstoppable only until the ones who care about you come to your aid. Tatsuo continues, barely even in control of his own body until a strong force grasps hold of his hand. His exhausted sighs illuminate the room, until finally he turns to meet his brother, who's managed to saunter over despite the large gash his body holds. "That's enough...". Even Kakucho knows this is too far, too much for both parties as this will not look good in the long run. Without any real complete choice, Tatsuo's vision blurs, the reality and stress of everything finally running its course as his body slumps into his brother's weakened grasp. Now that he's thwarted the ferocity, the mood shifts into determination to get his brother out of here so no more violence can be exposed. This would not be the end of the Hitto story, even if one of them died to get the other out...