Prologue

Like normal couples, married couples also do fight. Sometimes, even in small particular things. Me and my husband, Sunghoon, also had small fights.

We thought that, we're so lucky to have each other. We already had all what we needed, but exept for one thing.

A child.

Our small fights sometimes turn to something mess... I guess? He always came home stress of the thought, I can't give him a son who will inherit his wealth and company.

Even how many times we try, still nothing happens. I always tell him, we can adopt, but he wanted a son who had his blood.

Is it him who's lacking, or me? Well, it's not my fault if I can't give him a son.

But that makes me worry so much about him, he always came home, drunk.

I keep scolding him, but he keeps on doing it. And as it repeated, we somehow, fell apart.

I became more worried at his situation, but one night, he came home, smiling.

I felt relief as I saw him smile, for once again.

Starting that night, he stopped asking or forcing me to have a child with him which is a big blessing for me, and I thought, he already accepted my lacking as a wife.

7 months until our wedding anniversary, I prepared myself for a small celebration. We're going to have a midnight celebration.

Staring at my reflection on the mirror, I smiled at the thought, we're going to be happy again.

I heard the doorbell rang and I immediately rushed at our front door.

My smile fade when I saw a woman with a baby on her arms.

"You might be Sunghoon's lovely wife, aren't you?"

"Yes, why ask?" She smiled and handed me the baby.

"Please take care of his child."

"W-what?" She continue to smile, weakly as tears began to fall through her cheeks.

"That child is Sunghoon's son, our son." I felt my heart crushed, into pieces.

The woman fell onto her knees and began to sob. "My con​science is killing me, I know you'll never forgive me for what I and your husband did, but please... I beg you, please take care my child as it was your own."

I looked into the baby's eyes, he had no difference between Sunghoon's. I felt like I was been fooled.

"Sunghoon is planning to take that child here and lie that he had adopted one as a present for you." How can be a fruit of his infidelity a present?

"I felt so bad for you, that I can't forgive myself for what we've done." She stood up and forced me to accept the baby.

"Whatever we did to you, this child has nothing to do with it. I know that you deserve to know the truth so please, accept this before Sunghoon comes." She has a point, the baby is innocent. So I accepted it.

"Thank you so much, I owe you my life." She bowed and ran away, limping.

For once again, I looked onto the baby, and all I see is innocent, like how my husband would stare at me.

Liar.

But I quickly looked away as the baby smile at me — it reminds me of what he did to me.

TO BE CONTINUED...