5

Sunghoon knocked onto her door and without waiting for her response, he immediately entered, and only finding himself, blushing at the sight he saw.

"You clearly doesn't have a manner." His wife growled, putting on her nightwear.

"I... I'm sorry." The other only rolled her eyes, and slumped over her bed, giving him a look.

"What do you need?"

"I... Well... It's about Sungjoon-"

"So what about him?"

"Thank you for taking care of him... If you have time, let's attend to his school, together— and I'm sorry for ditching the dinner." A slight scoff,  escaped from her, and crossed her arms.

"Didn't you told me to take care of him? And no, I don't waste time in such a family bonding... Don't apologize to me for going home late, it's not like I waited for you to have a dinner with me."

"Are you okay?" He asked, out of the blue, completely ignoring her words, that just cused daggers into his heart.

"What do you think?" She gave him a sharp glare and laid herself upon her bed. "If you don't have anything to say, you can leave."

"But how about you-"

"Can you please stop acting like you care for me?" She cut off, sighing.

"What do you mean, Yunjin? How can a husband can't care about his wife?"

"If you really do care, then why did you do it with another woman?" A tear fell down from her eye but she quickly wipe it with her thumb. "Are you really that desperate to have a son back then that..."

She couldn't continue what she had to say because of the numbness she's feeling. And all he could do is to lower his head, accepting his fate.

"Leave... I want you, out of my sight." Wiping his tears, he gently nodded his head and did as what he was told.

"Sweet dreams, my love?"

━━━━━━━━━━

NEXT DAY

"Good morning, Dad! Same to you too, Yeji noona." The kid greeted happily, taking his seat over the dining table, where everyone was gathered around, to eat.

"Good morning." Yeji greeted back, returning the warm smile.

"Are you okay, Dad?" He asked, as soon he noticed his father, spacing out between his meal.

"Oh, yes, I am." His father obviously denied, faking out a smile.

"Did you got into a fight with her, again?"

"Sungjoon..." Yeji warned, giving him a look.

"No, it's okay, Yeji." Sunghoon smiled at her, and gazed back over his son. But before he could speak, his wife appeared with her brother, Hyunjin, smiling widely.

"Good morning to both of you." Hyunjin smiled at the kid's greetiny, and pecked his forehead.

"How about a good morning from my beautiful daughter?" He suddenly questioned, looking at the pouting Yeji.

"I asked you question about my Mom last night yet you didn't give me any hint."

"I told you, Yeji. Your mother is just like you, you're a carbon copy of your mother, that's why I named you Hwang Yeji II." Yunjin suddenly burst out, laughing and hit her brother's arm.

"I knew, she will hate you." She snorkeled, extending her arm. "Remember the deal we made, 17 years ago? If the day will come, your daughter will hate you for naming her after her mother, you'll bring Woozi to me..."

"You don't need Woozi" Hyunjin scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"Of course I need him! Who the hell, doesn't need Woozi in their lives?!" Her brother sarcastically laughed and raised his hand, aiming a slap at her.

"I'm telling you, Hwang Yunjin, I don't like that guy." He glared at her and picked a fork from the table for his meat to be slice.

"I'll just bring Wonyoung instead, I heard she's still single and didn't you say you're gay for her?" Sunghoon suddenly choked at what he heard and his son, Sungjoon assisted him for the water.

Respect for me, please.

"No, thanks." Yunjin mumbled, rolling her eyes.

"Auntie." Yeji called.

"Yes?"

"You look so happy today, what happened?"

"Wag kang chismosa, inday."
(Don't gossip, girl.)

Her father gave her a look and slowly shake his head.

"Bawal bang maging curious?"
(Is it forbidden to be curious?)

"I understand you two." Yunjin raised her brow and stared at the two.

"How?" Yeji asked and she chuckled.

"Before you can enter a family business or enter a large business, you have to learn different languages, just for incase of partnerships or request you'll receive from different countries." She explained as the two kids, Yeji and Sungjoon listen to her carefully.

"And in business, connections, relatives don't work, you need to try harder to become professional and successful. They're just like dreams you wanted to reach but it can't because too many are blocking," She smiled, giving Sungjoon a spoonful of rice.

The kid surprisingly look at his mother, opening his mouth as she suddenly feeds him.

"I'm sorry if Mom was too harsh to you, I was too busy being professional than staying here and keep an eye on you."

On that moment, something unexpected happened that they waited to happen for all the time.

The kid wasn't so sure whether she was acting or she was sincere. But something inside him, telling him, not to give up on her.

NOTE:
Pls, this is so cringe ;-;