2

The door banged open, as Sunghoon came in, with a visible mad expression, written all over his face.

"Yunjin, can we talk?"

"No-"

"Didn't we already talked about-"

"About what? Your son?" She scoffed, rolling her eyes, which left the other in silence, fighting for his dear temper.

"You may not think, or accept him as your son, but at least, respect him as a kid." Instead of receiving words back, from her, he received a file of papers.

A marriage annulment.

"Yujin, have you gone mad-"

"Yes, very mad."

His jaw slightly dropped, shaking his head in disbelief. But he couldn't blame her, though, it was his fault on the first place.

But why now? Only...

"If that so, fine." He snatched a pen from her desk, and opened it, signing the paper with his sweating cold, and trembling hand.

A smile spread upon her face, as their eyes eyes met.

Does she hate me that much?

He sighed, for once again, handing the file. But something came up in his mind, that made him take a step, back.

"Before this, I want to clarify something." She crossed her arms in dismay, giving him a sign to continue.

"Why are you doing this? Why now, when you've fully raised him, and got known as his mother?"

Silence.

"I'm not agreeing to this, unless you provide an answer." He opened the folder, ripping the every piece of paper in it.

"If you want me to let go of our marriage, then take Sungjoon as an exchange. Treat him nicely, and respect him, as much as he respect you."

<3

"Mom!" Sungjoon ran over his mother and hugged her tightly, on her legs.

"Did you guys, got into a fight again?" He questioned with his cute voice, that everyone would melt, by hearing it.

But only hurtful words, he received.

"Don't touch me, and that's non of your business."

The mother removed his arms away, in a less manner, and left, leaving the poor kid in pain, again.

He wanna tear up, but as soon he saw his father, he covered his sadness with a wide smile, greeting him with a tight hug.

A hug, that he wished, he could give his mother.

"How's things with mom?" He asked, still keeping his smile up.

"Great! Starting from tomorrow, your mom will be the one, who's gonna bring you to school everyday." He gasped, as his eyes enlarged.

"No way..."

"Yes way." Sunghoon giggled, and ruffled his hair, bringing him into his arms. That's his daily routine, when everytime, every moment, every second they'd meet, and even at his sleep.

He would even sing him a lullaby, while he's rocking him to sleep.

"I can't believe it." He heard him mumble onto his ears. Just seeing how happy his son is, he does too.

"No one will bully me anymore, 'cause I finally had a mother to show them off!" His face dropped, along with his heart — the impact was painful, that he couldn't resist, nor ignore.

"You were bullied?" He calmly asked, which realize the kid, about the tea, he just spilled.

Instead of answering, Sungjoon only lowered his head, giving his father a silent treatment.

"Come on, tell me more. Don't be scared." Sunghoon placed him unto his table, as soon they reached in his office.

"Knowing, mom doesn't attend to some occasions, such as mother's day or valentine's — they all think, she died, or kind of, abandoned me." A loud sigh, escaped from the kid's lips, leaning his head against his father's chest.

"Don't worry. That's not gonna happen again." That's all, what Sunghoon could say.

It would've been easier, if happiness can be found in money.

"Thank you, Dad." Sungjoon murmured, which snapped him out from his thoughts.

"Thank you for what?" He immediately wiped his glossy eyes, that has begun to shed tears.

"For always being there to cheer me up and help me solve my problems." He couldn't help but to smile, as the kid did.

"Of course, that's what fathers do." The smile on Sungjoon's lips, grew wider, and brighter.

"Now I'm wondering, how mom hit a jackpot on you." He giggled, flashing his father a teasing grin.

"No, actually," Sunghoon pretended to wander his eyes around, leaning against his son's ears, to whisper.

"It was me, who hit a jackpot from her toe." The kid's forehead, creased in confusion.

"Don't tell me, she kicked you?" The father only stayed silent, which caused him to burst into laughter.

"Her toe was so lucky to meet your face!"

"Hey!"

And with that, the peaceful office, has filled with fun and laughter.

But little did they know, there was someone, watching them from afar, with a proud smile.

You may have sinned, and do mistakes, but I can't deny the fact, you're the best man, to ever exist.