26

< UNEDITED >

"Are you serious about bringing Sungjoon to her? Y/N just had a surgery last night."

"Yes, and I know, Hyunjin, it's just— I feel sorry for Sungjoon. He doesn't deserve this kind lf treatment, he loves her so badly." Chaeryeong stated and looked down, sighing.

"Then how about my sister? You don't know the consequences she'll face if you brought him to her... She might die." Hyunjin argued and took a deep breath.

They've been arguing thinking about any other ways for the two to be happy, even without seeing each other.

But little did they know, someone was listening.

Sungjoon covered his face and began to run. He was so worried that he blame himself about everything that's happening around him and to his mother.

While running with his face, covered, he bumped into someone, which caused him to fall on the ground.

"Are you okay, kid?"

"Jungri! What is that- oh, Sungjoon..." Jungwon bent down over and helped the kid stand up.

"What's wrong, Joonie? Why are you crying?" Sungjoon didn't answer as he sob quietly.

"Who is he, Daddy?" Jungri asked.

"He's your Auntie Y/N's son."

"Oh! So you're the kid she always talk about us..." Sungjoon looked up at her and stared for few seconds before covering his face, again.

"What are you talking about, Jungri?" Jungwon asked, eyeing her.

"Auntie always talk us about her son... But I think he's not the one she's talking about." After hearing what Jungri said, Sungjoon cried harder and louder. Jungri scratch her head, feeling guilty and gazed at her father who's signaling her to go.

"Ah, I gotta go, I left Junghon alone there." She awkwardly laughed and run away, afraid that her father might hit her for spilling a tea.

"It's just the two of us, Sungjoon. Yoi cam tell me now what's your problem." Jungwon hugged him, letting him cry on his shirt.

"I was waiting for her to come at my birthday party. I couldn't sleep for two nights cause I was worried about her. I thought she's just doing this cause she hates me, but then, I just found out that she's sick... Uncle Jungwon, was she really sick because of me?" The kid stared at him and Jungwon smiled, wiping his tears. He felt like he's just talking to a nine years old Sunghoon. His sister is indeed true when she said, Sungjoon and Sunghoon have no difference.

"No, and it's not true that she hates you."

"Then why can't Uncle Hyunjin bring me to her? She perhaps, told him not to."

"Sungjoon, your Mom is just concern. You know those type of people who care more about what others feel than what they feel? Your Mom is just like that. She doesn't want you to see her suffer, knowing how much it'll affect you."

"But it hurts me too, uncle. Not just me but also Dad." Jungwon brought him onto his arms, carrying him and sighed.

"What do you want me to get you so you could stop crying?" He asked, changing the topic. The kid stopped sobbing and blinked his eyes, multiple times.

"Can you bring me to Mom?"

━━━━━━━━━━

Waking up from her deep slumber, Y/N opened her eyes, only greeted by Sungjoon, staring at her. At first, her expression was confused, yet worried at the same time; but it soon changed to what she usually give. A stiff, cold look.