23

< UNEDITED >

Staring at his wife with wires, attached on her body, Sunghoon bit his lips as he regretted, choosing the wrong idea of confessing.

The doctor came, interrupting his trains of thoughts and stood up.

"Good eve, Mr. Park."

"You too, Doctor. Can I know about my wife's condition?"

"Ah well, your wife passed out because of stress and over fatigue." Sunghoon squinted his eyes in confusion as he wasn't convinced about what the doctor said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, don't worry, your wife is fine." He glanced at his wife and thought, "Why would they put on a non-rebreather mask if she's fine? Isn't that only for those who needed oxygen?"

Hyunjin suddenly came and bowed at them. "I'm sorry for interrupting, but Sunghoon, your son is looking for you."

"Didn't you told him about what happened?"

"No, I can't. He'll throw a fit, and beg you to stay at his mother's side." Sunghoon finally came back to his senses and nod.

"Yeah, you're right. Sorry, my mind was clouded by thoughts." He turned back to his wife and kissed her forehead, whispering, "Get well, my love."

He turned to Hyunjin and smiled. "It's your turn to keep an eye on her."

Hyunjin returned the smile and waited for him to leave. As the door closed, he looked at the doctor and asked, "Did you told him?"

"I did told him that she passed out because of over fatigue." He sighed in relief and smiled.

"Thank you for covering up, Dr. Lee; but how is she?"

"She's fine, thankfully she was sent in hospital, real quick. She might lose her life for a moment. But take reminder, avoid emotional happening or events." The doctor chuckled and patted his arm.

"Ah, I wonder when will Heeseung be back."

"Oh, you mean that kid?" He again, chuckled. "My son has a date with his beloved daughter in Philippines, but after hearing such a news about his patient, I think he'd be cancelling it and leave his daughter to one of his friends there. Well, that's what he told me."

"Oh... I felt bad for them." Hyunjin scrunched his nose and took out his phone to call his sister's personal doctor, but before he could, his name flashed onto his screen.

"Oh, Heeseung. I was about to call you, but anyways, have you landed in Korea?"

"Hi, hyung, yes, I'm on my way there. Sorry for the delay, but have you met Dad?"

"Yes, I'm actually with him. But hey, can you help me transfer her somewhere that no one can locate?"

"Good thing, I was about to tell you the same thing. Your sister already brought a place that is hidden, and hard to locate. She told me that in case of emergency or something happened to her, make sure to send her there."

━━━━━━━━━━

"Dad!" The kid shouted, hugging his teddy bear as he watched his father, going out of his car.

"Oh, my baby... What are you doing here outside in this middle of the night?" Sunghoon embraced his son and carried him.

"I'm waiting for you and Mom to arrive."