Keeping up pretences

** A quick message- Thank you all for all your thoughts for me and I hope everyone is doing well in whatever is happening for you guys. Also, I do apologize for taking forever but I should be good to write at least one chapter a week. I have also gone through all my previous chapters and my goodness my writing is so bad, so I have tidied it up a bit if you want to refresh your memory. **

Dawn breaks over what looked like a gloomy day but what the rest of the sleepy town of Mystic Fall didn't know was that 3 adults and a baby were on a mission to change the town and its supernatural beings. Things will have to be done to protect good from evil and also to keep everyone alive as there are dark forces at play. All minor and major key players are in place for what could be the end of the world.

Harri kept the other two adults of her household on strict missions. Matt had school plus he kept an eye on the girls and the Salvatore brothers. Sirius was learning how to do magic again but also keeping track of how much it has changed since he fell from the Veil. He also babysat Teddy every other day Harri couldn't. 

Harri in the meantime decided that she needed to find the mysterious Klaus who seems to know something about her family and is showing an interest in her. Harri didn't want to look for any relationship as she needed to organise her life here and if a relationship blossomed who was she to keep destiny from happening?

The best place to catch Klaus might be at the Grill as that is where most residents go for breakfast. With that in mind, Harri decided to walk to the Grill as it helped her to focus on what she needed to say to him. Dressed up in black business pants with a white long-sleeve top that had a bowtie at the neck she felt like she could stay focused. For extra protection, she kept her wand in her heeled knee-high boots which she could easily access.

As she arrived at the Grill, she took a glance at where everyone was and to her delight, Klaus was at a booth that seemed like he knew what was going to happen as he normally was at the bar at all times. Walking towards him in confidence Harri never faltered and she felt like all eyes were on her.

'Excuse me Klause, is this seat taken?'

'No, darling. I believe you and I have a long overdue chat.'

Harri took her seat with grace and one of the waiters took her order of hot chocolate (Remus's favourite drink) and a bagel with cream cheese. As the food was coming both Klaus and Harri made small talk about nothing of importance. This was a way to break the ice between them as they were strangers.

When the food came, Klaus told her the story of the Potters. Her heritage and what the Potters knew.

" I met your great-grandmother Sophia here in America when she was a young lass. She was here on a holiday, and she was beautiful and full of life. Sophia was a healer in training, and she knew that I was a vampire at one look. But Sofia didn't turn away like other healers instead she saw that I was a tortured soul and wanted to help. She followed me to my cave, and I never knew until I saw her at the entrance. Without a thought, I sped at her and was going to take a bite but instead froze and it was then I realised this was a powerful witch from a long line of prestige and honour.

Whilst frozen Sophia made it clear that she wanted to help me and explained to me about the blood-thirsting potion which meant that I didn't want to drain people but instead I didn't want to die and neither did my brothers and sister. She went on to explain how it worked and what did I have to do. Sophia was an angel; she didn't ask for anything apart from helping her future family whoever they were. She also had a greenhouse in England where she grew a herb that helped them not to sparkle similar to the rings that the Salvatore brothers wore.

Over the years every Potter family sent secret messages to us with potions and herbs. I never met your parents Harri, but I received letters from James - your father who kept the tradition up. I never knew that they were murdered and there was a sole survivor but after 1980 I never received anything and assumed that I was forgotten.  Now I will help you whatever needs to, but I hope that we may have a path."

Harri listened to the story and didn't know what to think as this was history she never knew. At least the Potters are loyal not to only those who share the same blood as them but those who seek help and those in the dark.