TIME OF DEATH

STILINSKI HOUSE *THOMAS IS BACK BUT YN DOESN'T KNOW *

FLASHBACK—STILINSKI HOUSE, SEVERAL WEEKS EARLIER

STILES KEEP SHUFFLING IN HIS BED

MALIA: What?

STILES: I always sleep in the middle of the bed...

MALIA: Not anymore.

STILES: I know, I'm trying...

STILES: [sighing] Yeah, I can't get to sleep unless I'm in the middle...

MALIA: [sleepily] Then we spoon.

STILES: I can spoon!

STILES: Okay. I can spoon.

STILES: [sighing] Mmm...

MALIA: [groaning] What now?

STILES: My arm's falling asleep. I don't like this...

MALIA: I'm going to kill you.

STILES: I know, I know, I'm sorry...

MALIA: Okay, just come here--

STILES: I think this is good. Yeah, this is good...

END FLASHBACK

BEACON COUNTY SHERIFF'S STATION

RAFAEL: Preliminary notes on firearm discharge incident...

RAFAEL: Assailant armed with sound-suppressor-equipped Walther P88... Having heard the perpetrator's threat and countdown, I made visual confirmation of the barrel of the weapon pressed to the potential victim's head... Determining danger to be imminent, I felt no other choice but to respond with the use of deadly force.

RAFAEL: Thanks for waiting. I know it's late.

SCOTT: It's okay. It's not like I'm going to be going to school tomorrow anyway...

RAFAEL: Unfortunately, I'm going to have to drive back to San Francisco tonight. I'll need to do a review at the field office. But, I'll be back as soon as I can. I might have to miss the first game of the season...

YN : It's no big deal--

RAFAEL: It is to me. I'm keeping my promises this time.

RAFAEL: What I did... It was necessary. Justifiable. You know that, right?

SCOTT: Have you done it before?

RAFAEL: Two other times. It's not easy, taking a man's life... Even someone who forces you to do it.

SCOTT: How do you deal with it?

RAFAEL: You look at it logically, without emotion. You compartmentalize.

YN : How do you do that?

RAFAEL: [chuckles anxiously] I used to do it by drinking...

RAFAEL: One more thing-- when I do come back, we have to talk about some stuff...

RAFAEL: You and your friends, the way you guys handle things...? It doesn't seem to faze you like it should. It's like you guys know something I don't. When I come back, I'd like to be in the know.

MCCALL HOUSE 

KIRA: Is three enough?

STILES: Depends on how many cameras they have... But I think so.

LIAM: Are we really doing this?

SCOTT: We're doing it-- tonight.

LIAM: But isn't it kind of dangerous...?