A NOVEL APPROACH

BEACON HILLS HIGH SCHOOL

STILES AND THOMAS: AHH!

DONOVAN: You dropped your phone Stiles... It's Malia. Should I text her back? You don't really know who I am, do you, Stiles, Thomas?

Maybe you heard about my father... Did your dad tell you about him?

Did Sheriff Stilinski ever tell you about the time he was still deputy, and how his partner got caught in a shoot-out?

Did he tell you a bullet shattered my dad's T-9 vertebra? Went through his spinal cord.

Know what that means? It means everything below his waist is useless. And not just his legs.

I bet he told you some of it. But I bet he probably left out the part where he was sitting in a car calling for backup while my dad was going in alone.

Did he tell you he was too scared-- too much of a frightened little bitch-- to go in after him? Or do scared little bitches not tell their little bitch sons about their failures?

About how they put their partner in a wheelchair for the rest of his life? Don't worry, you 2. I'm not gonna kill you... I'm just gonna eat your legs!

BEACON HILLS HIGH SCHOOL

DISPATCHER: [over the phone] Nine-one-one, what is your emergency? Nine-one-one, please state your emergency. You've reached nine-one-one, this line is for emergencies only. If you do not have an emergency, please hang up.

DEPUTY: [over the phone] Want me to send a car out? What's the address?

DISPATCHER: [over the phone] It's the school, Beacon Hills High.

DEPUTY: [over the phone] Let's see if we got a car in the area...

OFFICER: [over radio] I'm ten-ninety-seven, and there's no one here. It's a six-five-three.

DISPATCHER: [over radio] Roger that. It's a prank call. Return to your patrol.

MCCALL HOUSE

KIRA: Watashi... wa shi... no shisha... da...What's wrong?

SCOTT: It's the alarm at the animal clinic. I think it's a break-in.

STILINSKI HOUSE

STILES: AH!

STILES: [on the phone] Scott?

SCOTT: [on the phone] Stiles, someone's taking the bodies. Stiles? You there?

STILES: [on the phone] Yeah, um... Where? What are you talking about?

SCOTT: [on the phone] I'm at the animal clinic with Kira. Tracy's body is gone. The lock on the door was broken from the outside. And my mom just told me Lucas' body went missing from the morgue. They've been searching the whole hospital for it. Someone's stealing the bodies.

BEACON HILLS PRESERVE

[Parrish, whose eyes are glowing bright orange-red, has just opened the trunk of his SUV at the preserve to reveal that Donovan's body has been placed there. Parrish picks the recently-deceased Chimera up in a bridal-carry and walks him over to the Nemeton with the other bodies]

BEACON HILLS HIGH SCHOOL

LYDIA: The Dread Doctors by T.R. McCammon...

MALIA: What?