SMOKE AND MIRRORS

LA IGLESIA

KIRA: Scott?

KIRA: AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

KATE: I'm going to have to do a better job of covering that up...

KIRA: What did you do to him?

KATE: How-- that's... that's the better story. You see, when I first got away from the Calaveras, I had no idea where to go... But something kept pulling me here, to the Temple of Tezcatlipoca. His name means "smoking mirror," and this place is a temple of the smoking mirror. Obsidian. When I got here, I found the Berserkers waiting for me. They helped me survive. I didn't know quite why until just recently-- until I decided to trust someone I never thought I'd trust. It was then that I found out I could not only control the Berserkers, but I could create them. They call me La Loba, "The Bone Woman." We let you out because I needed to test his loyalty. Did you know that Scott became an Alpha without having to kill anyone? He's been through quite a lot without ever having to kill. I think it's time to change that.

KIRA: No, Scott. No, Scott, no!

KIRA: UHH!

BEACON COUNTY SHERIFF'S STATION

STILES: Dad, Scott, and Kira have been kidnapped and taken to Mexico, okay? I think that's a pretty good reason for a trip to Mexico!

STILINSKI: Okay. Even if Deaton is right about this--

THOMAS : Yeah...

STILINSKI: --The best thing to do is to go through the proper channels.

STILES: Dad--

STILINSKI: That means calling the right law enforcement agencies, border patrol, putting out an all-points...

STILES: Dad, I can't just wait around for the wheels of bureaucracy to start spinning in five different government offices, okay? Someone needs to go down there right now, find them, and rescue them! I'm going.

THOMAS: Me too

YN: Same here

STILINSKI: I can keep you 3 from going.

YN: We'd find a way.

STILINSKI: I can throw you 3 in a cell!

STILES: We'd still find a way.

STILINSKI: [sighing] Guys,  please-- just give me a little more time to verify something slightly more concrete than a psychic vision by some guy with a third eye!

STILINSKI: Look, I will call every law enforcement agency all the way down to South America if I have to. If nothing turns up, then I'll book two flights to Mexico. All 4 of us will go. Okay?

STILES: Okay. Okay, great. Do I get a gun?

STILINSKI and YN: No.

DEREK'S LOFT

DEREK: [sighing] I still don't like relying on these things.

BRAEDEN: I get it-- you miss your power. I would, too.

DEREK: It's not about power, it's about being able to help. I don't like feeling helpless.

BRAEDEN: I'm human... Do I look helpless?

DEREK: You're a much better shot than me.

BRAEDEN: Do you really think you won't be coming back?

DEREK: Not alive.

BRAEDEN: You know I'm not okay with that.

DEREK: [sighing] I am... If it saves Scott and Kira.