12.... The deal.

"See you later my love!" I say to mom as I grab my bag

"Bye baby" she says walking into the living room

"You okay?" I ask her as she struggles to sit

"Okay. We are definitely seeing a doctor" I tell her

"I told you I'm fine. Just a bit tired"

I sigh as I walk to hug her

"Take care" I say to her.

*,*,*,*,
It's been about two weeks,and I haven't heard or seen Nathan which is so weird... I'll go to where I've seen him a few times.. I'm not sure he's gonna be there,but at least,since when I've known him, I've seen him there.

I'm still at work,and Reyes has been chatting with me. I've gotten to know a little more about her.. She just finished high school a few months ago,and she plans on having a gap year. She says she needs the time and so on.. She didn't really say much about her parents,but she went on and on about her elder brother. Yeah,she lives with her parents but she barely mentioned it..

"So. I'll see you tomorrow.. I have to get home before my dad blows up" she says grabbing her doughnut simultaneously rolling her eyes..

"Okay then.. and,thank you for keeping me company" I say to her. She smiles before leaving.

*,*,*,
"Please be here on time tomorrow" Kate pleads with me because she's doing the night shift.

"Okay" I say with a laugh

She hugs me before I leave...

I take a different route this time Because I plan on looking for Nathan,and when I surely see him,I'll scold him so bad..

It's so cold,and I'm getting to the dangerous part of town. I keep rubbing my palms together in an attempt to stay warm.. Ten minutes later,I'm almost there.. I wasn't even thinking of bringing my car to this kinda place . It's in the cafe's parking lot...

When I finally get there, it's a but deserted and that makes me curious.. usually,they always sit at the back of this car right here with some other benches,and they all have one drink or the other in their hand while they play some loud music.. Nathan comes here sometimes to just chill..

When a man clears his throat,it startles me,and I never knew there was someone sitting there. He blended in with everything.

"I give you two seconds to run" he says in a very low voice which startles me

"I'm so sorry,and I know I'm not meant to be here but I'm looking for someone" I say moving back slowly

He finally gets up,and then he has a glass of beer in his hand,he has a bruise underneath his eye,but apart from that,he looks taken care of

"Who?" He asks

"Um.. Nathan" I say

"Who's Nathan?" He asks

"Na-nathan.. he's tall.. he mostly wears white t-shirts," I sigh. "I'm at loss of things to say now"

"Oh,that guy" he says

"Yes. Do you have amnesia?" I ask him and his face shifts

"Did you just insult me?" He asks moving closer one more time

"Not at all sir" I reply

"Look,Nathan or whatever you calm him isn't here for now. Look,no one is except me"

"May I ask why" I say

He looks at me one more time
"You don't look so bad" he whispers walking to me

"Sir,I just wanna know why he's not here. I've not seen him in weeks" I say moving backwards again

"Your t-shirt.. it's my favorite colour.. yellow.. it stands for danger" he whispers

"Danger?" I ask trying to hold my laugh .. oh,I'm insane... I'm still trying to laugh in this kind of situation.

In fact,I wouldn't even be in this situation if not for Nathan!

"Sir,how about I give you some money?" I ask and he stops

A wicked smile creeps on his face.

"How much?" He asks

"Twenty dollars" I say to him. I can't give more than that.

"Fifty" he says and I sigh.

"Okay,just tell me where he is" I say

"They had a job tonight,and I lost the bet so I was asked to watch the base which is here" he says and my eyes go wide

"Job?! What job??" I exclaim

"Keep it down" he whispers.

"Now just gimme my money and don't mention this to anyone"

"I'm shocked. Nathan??"

"Just go home and sleep." he says as I bring out his money.

"Now,go!" He says counting the money

"Thank you. Can I have your number?" I ask him and he laughs

"No. Now go before they get back!" He yells and I run..

He couldn't have been talking about Nathan.. the guy didn't even know his name.. that's not Nathan he was talking about..
I get in the car at work,and I drive home..

When I get home,the front door is open,and that gets me veryy curious.. the lights are off and mom is nowhere to be seen in the sitting room..
I turn on the light and the living room shows no sign of mom...

Short chapter,I'm sorry.. thank you for reading. I hope you loved it..
Kindly comment 🥺.
Love y'all 💜❤️

Love: Melanin3000💜💙