23. You!

It is a windy evening.
Mom is asleep,and I told her I was going over to Justin's.

His earlier text read:.

Come over,pleaseee? I'll make us some,ummm.. some food.

That sentence seems too goofy for someone as serious as Justin to write.

I drive to his house.

I do need the evening off, after all, I've been working my butt off since 6am.

When I arrive,I park my car,and I get down.

I knock on the door,but no one answers.

I do it again,and this time,I hear some clattering before his voice answers,

When he opens the door,my mouth swings open.

He reeks of alcohol.

His white t-shirt is very transparent, making his abs and torso veryy visible.

I'm seeing more than I should.

His whole demeanor isn't the usual.

"Come in" he says and smirks.

A part of me wants to scold him for drinking so much,but again,I wasn't in any position to do so.

Or was I?

When I get into the huge living room, bottles of alcohol are on the floor and some are also on the table. His leftover plate is still here,his pair of jeans,his suit and shirt are on the floor.
So are his shoes.

"What's wrong?" Is the first thing that slips out of my mouth.

This is actually worrying. Justin is usually serious with himself and everything he does unless when he actually decides to be intentionally playful.

"What do you mean what's wrong? I'm perfectly fine" he slurs and sits on the couch with a groan.

"Is there something bothering you?" I ask quietly as I sit opposite him.

I can't help but look around.

I have this phobia for untidy places. My hand itches to put everything here where it needs to be.

"Yes,there is," he starts. "But that's not necessary"

"Why does the living room look like this?" I ask staring around.

"Because I made it this way," he grins. "It's beautiful"

"No, it's not. You love it when everything is in order. Everytime I have come to your house, everything is always where it should be. You're a bachelor,yet you still maintain optimum cleanliness" I say.

And,I wasn't trying to flatter him,I was saying the truth. He was the kind of guy to wash the dishes,the type of guy to always do the laundry.

Justin finds joy in arranging places,he finds joy in seeing everything clean.

"I felt like going for something different today"

"Stop this,Justin. You're scaring me" I say

"I didn't mean to" he says quietly.

Oh,the mood swings. A characteristic of drunk people.

"Let's clear this place up," I stand up but he doesn't. "You're helping too" I drag him up

I tell him to take his clothes inside and put them where they should be.

I take the plate to the kitchen and I wash it alongside some others.