20.. Thank you.

We hit twenty chapters!!. Thank y'all for sticking with this book. Shout out to @Esther_Crowns, @JElla_Emma,@OAdenike.

I am currently at work. I'm so tired because I couldn't get any sleep. I was busy with some overdue projects from college,and I had to keep checking on mom.

Amanda has two beds in her room.

When they bought the house,that particular room Amanda chose had tow beds,so anytime I would go over,I would stay in her room.

So,I would go from Amanda's room to the guest room where mom was and I would constantly check on her.

Sometimes,she would mutter
"Get some rest,Jessy" or "I'm fine"

My eyes are bloodshot,and I haven't even bothered to ask of Reyes. I'm a very bad friend. Although,while I was at the hospital,I called her but she didn't pick up.

I could literally rest my head on the counter and drift off.

I have to be at college this early tomorrow to submit my projects and also attend the morning lectures.

"Girl,you look like a mess" Reyes' voice interrupts me

I chuckle as I raise my head up
"Hey, that's rude" I say

"Fine then,but I know I'm not lying"

"I know,I know.. I was up all night doing projects and I was also constantly checking on my mom" I reply

"What's wrong with her? I hope she's okay"

"She's just a bit sick" I say trying to hide the pang of pain that threatens to wash over me.

"Safe recovery to her"

"Thank you"

*,*,
"Is she okay,?" I ask as I walk out of the shop, constantly dragging my short gown down. "Did you give her drugs to her?" I repeat pressing the phone to my ear.

"Yes,yes. Jessy. She's okay" Amanda replies, already getting annoyed at me asking her the same questions four times.

"Thank you so much. I'll be home in a few hours. My regards to her" I say hanging up.

I hop in the car,and I drive to the designated restaurant. It's almost 4pm,and I hope Justin is waiting there or else, he's gonna pay for my fuel.

I honestly didn't wanna go,but I spoke to Kate about it and she adviced me to go. She said if I noticed any foul play,I should call her immediately.

She also suggested this outfit also. I'm not used to wearing these types of clothes,but I may as well try them out once in a while.

I get held up in traffic and throw a few curses here and there,but when I finally get there,a tired sigh escapes my mouth. I fix my hair and add just a little concealer to hide the bags under my eyes.
I then add some lipstick to complete the simple look.

I get out of the car,and I lock it.

I walk into the restaurant,and I'm stopped by a waiter who asks me if I have a reservation or not.

I roll my eyes and

I tell him I have a reservation.

I rack my head for Justin's last name,but it doesn't even come to my mind. I wasn't even thinking the restaurant had become this fancy. The last time I was here,it was just a simple restaurant you could walk in and get whatever you want.

As I stare at my feet, thinking of his last name,I hear someone's voice.

"How long has she been here?!" Justin yells at the waiter.