30. Houston is beautiful

I felt pain all over my body,but the pain in me was too much..

By 'in me' I don't mean obvious scars,I mean hidden scars. Scars that only I can feel,scars that become vicious when I remember how miserable my life is.

Mom was obviously stressed out upon my kidnapping.

Amanda said she was rushed to the hospital  three times.

Now, she's saying she's okay,but I know she's not.

My coffee turns cold,and all I do is pour it into the sink.e

I sit on the table as I calculate how much I have for an apartment.

Yes,I plan on getting an apartment for mom and I.

Justin offered to help,but i still haven't given him a response since he asked me.

Since I'm phoneless,I put in my email address on Justin's phone just in case any important thing comes up.

After a few hours of deep thinking,the doorbell rings and Justin is at the door.

With a wide smile.

He walks in and sits in the couch.

"You got in,baby" he smiles at me.

"Got in where?"

"Houston's law firm!"

"Wait.. they sent you the email? What? How-how did I get in?"

"Yes,they sent the email to my phone! They want you in Houston, Jessy," he hugs me. "They need your presence"

Yay,yay,yayyy..

I hug him back.

At least, that's resolved.

After an hour of laughing, drinking and talking,I begin to wonder what I actually want for myself.

"You can read the email" he offers me his phone and as I read it,I confirm that they want me there on Friday to see the MD,and I can resume on Monday morning.

"Monday? I-I can't just leave. Houston is four and a half hours from here"

"We'll figure it out" he says.

"But today is Tuesday! I have three days before I see the Managing Director"

***

***

***

***

***
After a serious conversation with Justin,we decided that he'll have me go by air on Thursday,I'll be back either Friday night or Saturday morning.

Aaand, I'll be staying in an apartment over there.

He says I'll be there alone for the weekend before we decide.

"Long distance relationships...do they ever work out?"

Amanda sips her coffee before replying.

"If they're both committed,then why not?"

"I haven't tried it before" I reply.

"Nicky(her boyfriend) and I's relationship started off as a long distanced one" she replies.

*** **** ***
"Mom?" I whisper and she opens her eyes.

"You're off?," She asks and I nod. "You sure I shouldn't come to the airport with you?"

"No,no," I manage to smile. "I think you should get some rest"

"Thank you so much, Justin" mom smiles