21.. I'm here for you

I just allow my body to adjust to the warm feeling. The shower falls on my hair down my body. I stand there, idle not even planning on grabbing the sponge across me.
***
I've been in this same position for close to five minutes.
My brain finally functions,and I grab the sponge and soap.

When I'm out,I just change into a free jumper.

Amanda steps into the room and finds me spaced out.

She snaps her fingers in front of my face,and I divert my attention to her.

"Hey" I say running my hands through my wet hair.

"What's up?" She asks setting her bag on the floor.

"Nothing" I reply as I plan on spacing out again.

"Don't tell me nothing," she sits next to me. "I know something is wrong,so please,talk to me"

"I met a guy," I start, gulping. "He paid for mom's bills. I didn't pay a dime for her treatment"

"What?!" She literally shouts.

"Exactly. I don't know him,but he has history with my dad" I reply

"Oh"

"Yeah,so we went out a few days ago. I didn't get to know much about his background,but he is filthy rich and he is single. I told him I don't want any strings attached,and he agreed," I say with a sigh. "I'm just scared that I'll fall for him. I'm not gonna hide that fact. You literally need to see him" I say. "Apart from his looks,he is actually a very nice person"

"Then what are you scared about?" She asks

"Remember Nathan... I don't want anything like that to happen"

"Girl," she smiles at me. "Not all guys are like Nathan. For this guy to even go through the trouble of taking you out to talk,he even sponsored mom's hospital bills. He's different"

"I'm just," I look down at my socks. "Scared"

"I'm here for you. I always have, and I always will"

"Thank you" I whisper

"You'll thank me later. Just have fun," she smiles. "What's his name?"

"Justin" I reply.

"Oh, what's he into?"

"He has this big charity he's running,he also owns apps and all that"

"He's big. Damn" Amanda says and I roll my eyes.

***
"How is that possible?," I argue into the phone, sliding my clothes off.

"It is," he chuckles. "I'll be there in twenty minutes"

And with that,he hangs up.

I would like to say I am super grateful to Justin,but a part of me feels guilty that he is doing all this.

A few days ago,we argued because I didn't let him see mom.
He wanted to see her,but I wasn't okay with that.

But,he eventually did. She was so happy for what he did.

Although I told her that someone paid the bills,I didn't tell her who. Justin didn't want to,but I told her. She deserved to know.

I draw myself away from my thoughts as I step into the shower.

When I'm out,I blow-dry my hair and curl the tips.

I then choose an outfit. It's a simple shirt and a pair of jeans.

I get a pair of sneakers and I wear them.

I sit at Amanda's dresser and I add some eyeshadow and lipstick, alongside some concealer.