37. Stop thanking me!

"Why didn't you pick my calls up?"

"I was...busy"

"At midnight?"

"Yes"

He runs his hand through his hair and stares at me.

"I don't wanna get in a bad mood," he smiles wryly. "It's your birthday"

"Are you jealous?" I ask him.

"Yes,yes I am. I don't know what you were doing awake at midnight and why you wouldn't pick my calls,I don't know who you were with"

"I was with Kevin and Alexa"

"That Kevin guy? The guy you came out with, holding his waist?"

"Yeah..he organized a surprise for me" I reply and Justin exhales very sharply

"You're on your break..can we talk? In the car?" He asks.

I nod,and we both walk to his car.

He opens the door for me,and I get in.

So does he.

When he gets in,he exhales again.

He turns to face me with intense eyes.

"Are you losing interest? You're acting as if I did something wrong" he says.

"No! I'm not losing interest, Justin. I literally just told you that when I saw the missed calls,I was busy"

"Busy doing what?!"

"Drinking, eating some cake and spending time with Kevin"

"When you put that sentence like that....it makes me wanna slam that guy against a wall" he replies.

"Please, don't. He's super nice"

"Jess," Justin inhales. "I came all the way here with your cake,your gifts and a wide smile but the next thing I see is you walking out of the building with your hand wrapped around his waist with a grin I haven't...seen on you,and now you tell me he organized a midnight surprise for you" he sighs and pulls his hair from his face.

"Kevin is just a friend, Justin. I need you to trust me" I whisper.

"Of course,I trust you.. but what I saw....I didn't like it"

"I'm. I'm sorry"

He looks at me and places a hand on my lap.

"When you sound like that," he chuckles. "I just wanna give you a kiss" he laughs.

He draws circles on my lap and exhales. Again.

"So what do you wanna do for your big day? I was thinking of inviting a few of my friends over to celebrate with you. I was gonna have my jet pick Amanda and mom up to come here,but I figured it would be too stressful. So,the plan was to throw something big for you,drink all night and sleep off wherever is comfortable" he shrugs.

"Can I just...spend the rest of the day with you? If that's okay"

"Of course! I left work for you" he shrugs.

"Great," I smile at him. "Work will be over in an hour. You can come back then"

*** *** ***
"I'll just place your cake here," he drops it on the table. "And your gifts here"

"Thank you" I reply and drop the gifts Kevin got me on the table.

"He got you all this?!"

"Yes,he did" I grin.