Chapter Thirteen: The Old Life Part Two

I wake up in my bed, not Daddy's. I guess that's okay, though, because I could feel his back pressed against mine.
"Mmm, Dada." I roll over, smiling softly.
But it seems funny to me, because my bed is so little. How does Daddy fit? He's huuuuuge!
   "Hello, little one." Soft arms wrap around me, long, curly hair falling into my face.
   I push away and move quickly off the bed. That is not Daddy. I must have made enough noise in the process, because he comes upstairs to check on me.
   "Gracie, kitten? Is everything alr-" his eyes widen as he peers his head into the doorway.
   "Get out of her bed."
   Lei wakes up fully now, sitting up and rubbing her head. Why would she let me call her Daddy? She didn't even try to correct me. She looks around the room and chuffs to herself.
      "Come on, guys, what are you staring at?"
      "Why were you in my bed, Lei? I don't remember you getting in last night. You let me call you Daddy. Why?"
     Daddy stares at me, wide-eyed. "She let you call her Daddy?" he roars.
      "I was half asleep and her back was pressed against me, Daddy. I didn't know." I begin to tear up.
      "No no, baby doll, I'm not mad at you at all. It isn't your fault ducky, please calm down." He wipes my eyes gently with his thumb, pulling me close.
     "I don't wanna catch you in her bed again. Look how upset you've made her. She's extremely particular about who's around her in her sleep. I thought you of all people would know that."
------------------------------------------------------------
      I can't believe she did that. I'm absolutely shocked that she waited until I was in my bedroom, getting ready to fall asleep, to sneak into Grace's room. She flew out here for free as Gracie's friend, but I'm beginning to believe that the friends she had from her life in Ohio have bad intentions behind their relationships with her. It makes no sense to me. First was the issue with Mr. Noble, and now comes Leia not far behind. I knew this wouldn't end well.
      "Are you okay, doll baby? You've been tense since I came up to get you." I frown, bringing her toward me gently.
      "I'm fine, Daddy."
      "If Leia made you uncomfortable you can tell Daddy. He promises he won't be mad at her."
      "Just confused." A small frown. "Why did she let me call her Daddy? I thought it was you, so I rolled over and said 'Dada.' and she said 'Hello, little one.' which was weird."
      I stare at her, wide-eyed. "Are you absolutely sure that's what happened?"
      She gives me an odd look, hesitating slightly. "Uhm, yeah I'm pretty sure that's what occurred."
      What the fuck.
------------------------------------------------------------
      Who the fuck does he think he is? Just because he's rich and affluent. Just because they've been together for 3 years. Just because he's got her moved in here now. It doesn't mean anything. She was my friend first. He has no say over what I do with her. That's my business and my business only. So what if I slept in her bed? She clearly didn't mind. She wouldn't have called me Daddy if she wasn't comfortable being held by me. I can't believe that David is able to make her push me away so easily. It's ridiculous. I miss her so much. The late nights spent in my apartment, before David, when she would curl up in my lap after one too many drinks. When she felt safe enough to be with me, and didn't need some big-shot asshole to "protect" her, or whatever he does, like a little fucking bulldog.
      I miss when Gracie was almost mine, all those years ago. It hurts so fucking bad sometimes to see her now. I don't want to be her friend. I want so desperately to be her lover. I ran circles for her with Logan. I'm the one who saved her from him, and now David gets all the attention? Now David gets all the glory and praise from my Grace? It's fucking unbearable. I can't believe she's so foolish. She moved cross-country on a whim, just because he's tall and fuckable. He could take his pick of any girl in the world, and he chose mine.
------------------------------------------------------------
      The energy in the air around us is so off. I don't know what to do. I want Lei here because she means so much to me, but if she's going to become a problem, she can't stay. I don't need anything putting a wedge between Daddy and I. She needs to recognize that the past is far behind us, and that what used to be isn't real anymore. I just want to be able to be with my Daddy without feeling her eyes on me. I want my Daddy to baby me without seeing her sulking at me. I love her a lot, but I can't take the subconscious emotional manipulation anymore. I left my family behind in Ohio for a reason. It's stressing me out and I'm beginning to slip into littlespace way longer than I should be, which is a horrible sign. I just want this to be over.
------------------------------------------------------------
If I have to make her leave, I will. There's no chance I will ever let anything distress my princess the way Leia is. I just have to talk to her without Leia around. Every time I look over, she's draped over Grace like her life depends on it.
      "Would you mind giving her a minute to breathe? She only just woke up an hour ago. I haven't even fed her yet or anything." My voice is cutting, but I try my best not to be confrontational.
      "It's okay, Daddy, I'm fine." she smiles at me, telling me with her eyes not to worry about her.
      "Yeah, David. Ease up, your precious girl is fine. Big scary Leia won't steal her from you." Leia chuckles to herself, playing gently with a strand of Gracie's hair.
      "Come on, sweetheart, let's get you fed okay? What would you like for breakfast?" I hold my hand out to Grace, silently asking that she follow me to the kitchen.