Chapter Five: New Friends and PR Disasters

Moving all the way out to California was tough at first, but after a few months, I'm adapting pretty easily. Seeing as Daddy owns an entire company and community, including where we live, he's been really busy. He's started admitting new applicants now that it's summertime.
   Today, he promised we'd meet the other people in our neighborhood, specifically all of his coworkers!
  "Are you ready, angel?" Daddy asks, grabbing his keys.
  Our neighborhood is special, in the sense that there are only 8 big houses. They all belong to one of Daddy's friends and coworkers.
   I bounce around.
   "Yes, Sir!" I reply dramatically, saluting him.
  "Careful, little girl. That word might get you places you won't like."
   I turn red. How could I not like those places?
-------------------------------------------------------------
   She looks so pretty in her swimsuit. Her skin glows like honey, and her fragile figure is painted in warm freckles. She calls me Sir. Fuck. She doesn't even realize what she does to me.
      "Let's get a move on, then." I say, after a brief moment of her silent, flustered, curiosity.
-------------------------------------------------------------
      As we walk up to the house, a large man similar in size to Daddy comes up to us.
      "Hey Jason!" Daddy calls, extending a casual handshake to him.
      "Hey Ash!" Daddy exclaims softly, tussling his hair.
  I pull his shirt roughly. He turns to me, a concerned look plastered on his handsome face.
  "Dun touch hims, Dada." I whine quietly in his ear.
   He laughs softly. "It was harmless, baby; pinky swear."
  I glare at him before grabbing his long, slender pinky in mine.
   "Go play, cutie." Jason says, pushing Ash out from behind him.
   Charlie's comes running toward me, hugging me tightly from behind.
   "Playtime?" She asks, dragging me along toward the swing-set anyway.
  Ash follows slowly behind us as we giggle n talk about the fun day we're about to have.
   "Let's play house! I wanna be the Mommy." Charlie declares, swinging with me on the tire swing.
   "Gracie can be the Daddy!" She says excitedly.
  "I- I wan be da Daddy." Ash says quietly from his spot on the play bench next to us.
   A blue haired boy, no older than 19 or 20 makes his way towards us.
   "Karr!" Charlie shouts, jumping off the tire to tackle him.
   Karr giggles and squeals as he embraces Charlie.
   "Gracie! This is Karrson! They're nonbinary!" She beams, introducing them to me.
      I make a mental note of the pronoun change.
      "And this is Gracie! Mr. David's little." she continues.
   "Hi Gracie. I'm Karrson. Our Daddies work together!"
  "That's really cool! Oooo! your hair is really pretty."
  They blush a bit. "Thank you. It's indigo, my favorite color!"
   Charlie and I wow in unison.
   "Do you wanna play house with us? Charlie is the Mommy and Ash is the Daddy." I smile sweetly.
   Out of the corner of my eye I see Ash perk up in excitement. This is the beginning of good friendships.
-------------------------------------------------------------
   "I'm telling you, Kelly, she's even more perfect than I could have imagined."
  "Oh I'm sure. It's a shame Tyler is out visiting his parents, they'd be fast friends."
   "You're just saying that because you miss him." I chuckle.
   "Okay. You've caught me. Don't share my secrets." She laughs back sweetly.
  "Thanks for the invite, Kel, really. Gracie seems to be having a wonderful time already."
   "Of course. Our priority today is making sure she feels welcome. She deserves it."
   As per usual, Kelly is correct. My princess deserves the entire world. My longtime friends and partners are wonderful people, and in turn are extremely inviting to others like us. Grace is the best thing that has ever happened in my life.
  "Maybe that's our priority today, but what about tomorrow?" I sigh, feeling bad for the necessary mood-ruiner.
  "We work our asses off." Kelly states bluntly
  "I don't like this. This should not have happened." Luna chimes in.
  "I've been alive too long to be afraid of some little mishap like this." Ed says, swearing under his breath.