Chapter Eight: The Secret's Out

What she tells me fills me with the purest rage I've ever felt.
-------------------------------------------------------------
   "He's here for me, Daddy."
   I resist the urge to punch the wall beside me. I don't want to scare her when she's like this. I don't want to upset more than he already has.
   "Why is he here for you, angel?" I ask, as calmly as possible.
   "He knows me. He hurt me, Daddy." her lip begins to quiver, and I pull her close before she starts to cry again.
   Something happened before I was around, that much is clear. I'm not sure what it was, nor do I feel appropriate poking into the situation. I need to show the little prick that if you damage my girl, you don't come out unscathed.
   Curled up with Grace on the floor of my office, I make the necessary calls, making attempts to devise a plan that will hopefully sort him out most satisfyingly. Thinking about his grimy face and stale cigarette breath is enough to make me want to puke. This cocky, arrogant, narcissistic bastard thinks he can enter my realm. He thinks he can torture Grace with his presence on my watch. He's sorely mistaken.
   "Hey Kel, yeah. I want a meeting scheduled for tonight. Dinner, my place. Tell everyone to bring their fucking critical thinking skills."
   "Alright, you're the best. Thanks, lovely." I put the receiver down and watch Grace come back in from the bathroom.
   "Hi, baby! Come give your Daddy some love." I smile at her and outstretch my arms.
   She comes toward me quickly and climbs into my lap. I shield her tightly with my arms. She's soft and warm, the perfect little princess. She deserves to feel safe. She deserves to feel loved. Noble deserves to feel like a bloody pulp.