Chapter Two: The Flight

Stepping into the airport before me, I'm utterly shocked. I knew that David was the owner of a company, but I had never imagined they were capable of something as drastic as this. Another woman in a soft pink flight attendant's uniform approaches me.
      "Are you Grace Davis, by any chance?" She asks, inquisitively.
      "Uhm, yes.." I reply shyly.
      "Perfect! David told me exactly what to expect of you," she smiles, calling back to a conversation she must have had with him earlier.
      In a deep voice, she continues, "She'll be wearing that gorgeous purple onesie I had gifted her when she had agreed to become my beautiful baby doll."
      I giggle slightly. Daddy left no time to not talking about me. I hear regularly from his friends and colleagues of how important I am to him. At first, it was overwhelming, as no one had ever cared that much for me. It still managed to make me warm and beet red, even after 3 years.
      "Is there anything you'll be needing help with? This space is safe for regression, as you can see. I'll be here with you per David's request until it's time for you to take off." She grabs hold of my suitcases, being careful to hand my bear to me.
-------------------------------------------------------------
      I realize that perhaps it's silly of me to worry, but I can't help feeling anxious for Gracie's arrival. I sit at my desk; feeling terrible.
      "Pick yourself up" Ed says, bluntly.
      "Why? What if she's cranky? Or jet lagged? Ed what if she's hungry, or anxious? What if she doesn't want to be touched? What if she suddenly realizes I'm not what she wants? Wh-"
      "Stop."
      I stare at him in awe.
      "Stop it right now. She is completely in love with you. Don't you see it? The second she sees you, she's going to need the whole ordeal. She'll not only want to be touched, but if I know anything about her, she'll want you to carry her... for the next week."
      I chuckle hesitantly, "Maybe you're right. I'm just so worried I'll mess this up."
      "David," Ed begins. "You've been with her for three years. If she hasn't begun to resent you by now, she never will."
      He laughs as though I'm some intolerable mess.
      "Ha ha. Very funny, Ed. Go back to your office and talk to Karrson if I'm such a hassle." I reply sarcastically.
      "You know I love you. You also know I will most certainly never pass up an opportunity to give my adorable little boy the affection and validation he deserves. So with that, good day." He bows dramatically and continues on his way.
-------------------------------------------------------------
      The flight feels awfully lonely, I just want my Daddy. So, I sit quietly, hoping for it to be over. A flight attendant I had never seen before walks past me down the aisle.
      "Wait-" she backtracks.
      "Do I know you?" She asks.
      Her name tag reads: Jennifer.
      "Uh.." I look up, nervously, "I don't think you do."
      She takes apparent offense to this, as my nervous tone conveys itself defensively.
      "Well jeez. No need to be such a priss about it."
      My attempts to apologize don't manifest quite how I want them to. I pull my final option.
      "I'm David's girlfriend."
      "I'm sorry?"
      "I'm David Alden's little." I look down at my shoes, turning red at the mention of him.
      I try my hardest not to name drop David, as it usually ends pretty badly.
      "So what are you getting from the deal?"
      I'm never entirely sure what this question means, since David is an extremely attractive man, and is worth a lot more than his assets.
      "I'm getting affection, love, and the best treatment any caregiver could provide." I reply without hesitation, forgetting to choose my words carefully.
      "Yeah, sure." She says in disbelief.
      "Is there a problem here?" A red haired woman asks sternly.
      I swiftly shake my head no.
      "Can you believe this girl thinks she can convince me she's not after David's money?" The flight attendant scoffs.
      "Yes. I can. Because I know David." the redhead responds.
      It takes a moment, but I recognize her. She's one of David's closest friends and colleagues, Luna, returning to her seat from assisting her regressed little in the bathroom. They sit down in the empty seats next to me as the flight attendant stands over us in a minor state of shock.
      "Are we done here?" Luna asks impatiently.
      "Yes ma'am." the flight attendant responds, hastily.
      "Hi.." says the little sheepishly. "I'm Charlie."
      She folds her hands tightly into her lap and looks down.
      "Hi" I reply quietly. "I Grace."
      She smiles slowly, as I drop my iPad carefully into her lap.
      "I watching Hello Kitty if you wan watch wif me." I offer, hopefully.
      "Can I Mommy?!" Charlie begs.
      "Only until we land. Then I expect you both to do something a little more stimulating. After all, I didn't buy you those drawing materials to collect dust."
      Charlie and I giggle at the silly idea that the markers and crayons would not be entirely used up within the next week or so.