Chapter One: Prep Time

"Gracelynn, that isn't the shirt we agreed on, angel." Daddy scolds.
      "Go get the purple onesie Daddy picked out for you last night on Facetime. I'm not happy with these pictures, princess."
       I mean, he's right, but what if I can't remember where that shirt went?
      "Yes, Daddy." I reply, frantically sorting through the piles of clothes on my floor until it's found.
      After a few minutes, I manage to spot it. Energetically, I spring up off of the floor.
      "I FOUND IT!" I scream into the phone.
      I can hear him smirking.
      "Good job, princess. How does your hair look?"
      I show off my messy braids.
      "Mhmm... very good, little one." He praises me approvingly.
      "I'm gonna pack the rest of my stuff now." I grimace, turning my camera around to show Daddy my messy floor.
      "Okay, princess, I'll have a car come in 45 minutes. Be good for Daddy since we're not gonna talk for a few hours. See you soon, bubby." He blows kisses at the camera.
      "I love you, Daddy." I say, sadly, blowing kisses back.
      "I love you too. Bye bye, duckling."
      The call goes dead.
-------------------------------------------------------------
      It takes way longer than it should to finish packing my boxes. Leia comes by to pick up the unwanted stuff for donation. I step out onto the sidewalk. Goodbye condo. I hug closer to my bear as I sit down on the curb and wait for the car. I'm bored. I'm talking to my bear, but I miss Daddy. I want to call him. I pull out my phone, contemplate the idea of calling him, then decide against it. He's in a meeting right now anyway.
      Leia sits next to me in silence. She's looking down, and I can tell she's taking this hard.
      I hold my pinky out to her, and she looks up. "We'll still be friends. I won't forget about you."
      She grabs my pinky in hers and my promise is real.
    I get excited when I see headlights drive up my street; although I've been excited by every set of headlights for the past 5 minutes. This is it. This is the car. It pulls up beside me, and the driver rolls down the tinted window.
    "Evening, little lady." He remarks, his eyes smiling kindly.
-------------------------------------------------------------
    The ride is about half an hour to the airport, and when we get there I notice this isn't just any airport.
    For starters, there is a sweet lady dressed in a baby pink uniform helping me with my bags and practically holding my hand wherever I go. There are Mommies and Daddies with their little boys and little girls in assortments of diapers, harnesses, footie pajamas, onesies, and dresses.
    "Now, Gracie," the woman in pink starts. "Do you have to go potty before you fly on that big plane?" She bends down and looks directly at me.
    I only nod my head slightly, and allow her to lead me to the restroom.