Chapter Fourteen: History

PRE-CHAPTER MESSAGE: ⚠️TW: AB*SE, ASSA*LT, AND BAD NAMES⚠️ please read with caution n take care of yourselves, cuties 💛
-------------------------------------------------------------
      "G, if you're not in front of me by the time I count to five, there's gonna be trouble. You're an ungrateful little brat, and I'd better see you before me this instant."
     Gracie rushed into the living room, and stood before her Daddy by the time he'd made it to three. Anxious of what was to come, and hyper-vigilant of her presentation, she stood stiff as a board in front of the thin man.
      "Do you have something you wanna say to me, you ungrateful bitch?" The man responded, quizzically.
      "I don't know what this is about, Daddy, I haven't done anything wrong." The timid girl said, risking it just enough to brave clarifying the situation.
SMACK
      "Don't you dare talk to me like that, you slut. Do you think I'm stupid? I know what you were doing while I was at work today. Give me your phone."
      "My phone? I don't under-"
      "DO AS I SAY, BITCH. I won't hesitate to make you regret being such a cunt."
      Grace handed her phone to Logan reluctantly, unsure of what was going to happen to her. He turned it towards her to initiate the facial recognition, unwilling to use the phone's codepad to unlock it himself. She couldn't quite yet see what he was doing, but it made her nervous.
      "You deleted it." His jaw was clenched and his voice was cold and calculated.
"Daddy please I don't understand I-"
"Where is it?" He said through gritted teeth.
She looked up at him, confused and utterly terrified, but afraid and unable to decide whether to keep playing along, or continue asking questions. She pleaded silently, begging him with her eyes.
As if he were a mind reader, he looked down at her and said "The messages, with him."
Him? Who was 'him'? The young girl racked her brain for every possible person she could have talked to at any point in her week, especially when Logan was occupied with work.
Coming up with nothing, she bravely replied, "Who is 'him', Daddy?"
Turning an odd shade of red, and clenching his jaw tightly, Logan broke into a low growl. "Don't play stupid with me, whore. Don't think I haven't looked through your instagram activity. I saw his messages. I saw the comments, I'm not blind you lowly slut." He grabbed her tightly by the arm as he spoke these words, not so much to her, but directly into her.
"I'm sorry, Daddy, I don't know what I did wrong and I just need to know so that it doesn't happen again."
"Well, it wouldn't happen if you didn't use that fucking app like I told you not to."
      She looked down nervously at the floor, not daring to make eye contact with him. He grabbed her roughly by the chin, forcing her gaze upwards to his face. His grip on her little jaw was tight like a vice, causing a burning sensation to begin. She desperately wanted to be removed from the situation. From the anger, from the confusion, from the pain. She didn't want to be hit or called any more names, she wanted to be taken care of and listened to.
      "I'm sorry, Daddy. I'll get rid of it. I didn't mean to be bad, I promise it won't happen again." Grace replied, finally, deciding compliance was far better than blatant defiance.
      "Too late."
      She looked up at him again, wide-eyed with shock. Too late? Why was it too late? What could he mean? Before she had any time to process, Logan had taken her phone firmly in his hand and smashed it against the corner of the kitchen counter until there were tiny shards of phone screen on the floor. A hole had been created that went almost entirely through the device. The hardware inside was pulverized by the sharp edge of the tabletop. Logan threw the phone to the ground, crushed it once more under his heavy boot, and walked away to their bedroom.
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Gracie? What's wrong? Did something happen again? Did he hurt you?"

"No, Lei, I'm fine. It was my fault. I shouldn't have been talking to David today."

"That's a load of bullshit. You would never cheat on Logan. David is just a friend. So what if he checks in on you and makes sure that you're being taken care of while Logan is too busy? That doesn't mean anything, and Logan needs to watch himself. David lives on the other side of the country for fuck's sake!"

"Shhh, Lei, he'll hear you yelling. You have to be quiet."

"Don't give me that shit. I'm coming to pick you up. He can kiss my fucking ass if he thinks he's gonna stop me. Make sure he doesn't find this backup phone before I get there, be safe, Gigi. Text David and tell him you're safe too."