Adore You // r.w.

summary / after an auror mission, ron weasley comes home to his girlfriend curled up on their couch and finds her absolutely adorable.

word count / 2k

warnings / food, all fluff :)

--------------------

Ron winced slightly when the door creaked as he opened it, pausing in his step and scrunching up his nose. He waited for a moment before he slipped in through the doorway and shut the door behind him, using his hand as a buffer to keep the door quiet as he locked it.

He slipped off his shoes, kicking them off to the side before shrugging off his jacket. He entered the kitchen of your shared flat, flicking on the light and grabbing a mug out of the cabinet. His calloused thumb ran over the smooth ceramic of the mug in his hands. It was grey and ugly, lumpy and uneven, but the memory of watching you so frustrated and determined to try out pottery had him smiling fondly, a low chuckle vibrating from his chest.

He started the kettle and placed a lavender tea bag in the empty mug as he waited for the water to heat up. His stomach grumbled lowly, reminding Ron of how much time it had been since he'd eaten. He crossed the kitchen to grab a banana from off the counter, peeling it quickly and devouring it in a few seconds.

With hunger now on his mind, he ventured to the fridge, eyes lighting up as he spotted a loaf of banana bread sitting on the top shelf. He couldn't help but get a little excited, it was his mum's recipe, he always begged you to make it ever since Molly gave it to you. He slid the pan out and sat it on the island counter. As he cut himself a slice and dug in, he noticed the warmth still pooling in the center of the loaf, a sign it was only recently made.

He glanced towards your bedroom door, furrowing his brows as he saw the door was open and the lights were off, but he caught a quiet shuffling from the living room and smiled. The lump of blankets on the couch roughly outlining you, his heavenly, sleeping girlfriend.

Ron returned the loaf of bread to the fridge and poured himself his cup of tea. Turning off the kitchen light, he made his way towards the living room, immediately spotting the soft outline of your face in the dark room. The cool lighting from the moon accentuated your features, tracing the curve of your lips and the tip of your nose. Ron placed his mug down on the coffee table before he settled on his knees before you.

His hand gently caressed your face, taking a stray strand of hair and tucking it behind your ear. You stirred slightly, before your eyes fluttered open. You relaxed into a smile as you saw him before you, leaning over you with a fond grin.

"Hi, sweetheart." Ron leaned forward to press a soft kiss to your forehead.

"Hi, baby." You melted into his touch as his hand lowered to cup your cheek.

Ron's bottom lip slipped between his teeth as he looked down at you. His thumb ran gently over your cheekbone as he noticed the tiredness in your eyes, which was no doubt due to your lack of sleep for the past few days. Ron was off on an auror mission and had just returned, he knew how worried you got about him and how difficult it was for you to sleep during those times. It made his heart warm, he never wanted you to feel worried but the fact that he had someone like you, waiting up for him to return home to, safe and sound meant so much to him.

He slowly leaned down towards you, lips brushing lightly over yours. Your breath hitched in your throat at the initial reaction, feeling him so close to you after days apart. A smirk laid on Ron's lips before you kissed him fully. You sighed into him as leaned into you. You were yearning to feel every part of him, to jog your memory with the way he felt and tasted, but Ron seemed to be on a different page. He knew his job was dangerous, and the thought wandered into his head before every mission that he might not make it home to you. So, Ron took his time and tracing your tongue with his own, internalizing every little moan or breath that left your lips at his touch.