treat people with kindness // r.w.

summary / Ron Weasley is smitten for a quiet girl and finds himself standing up for her when a certain slytherin tries to bring her down. ravenclaw!reader.

word count / 3.3k

warnings / Ron being the cutest thing to bless the earth. Pansy being a bitch, no intentional Pansy slander but I needed a female antagonist. Draco being insufferably mean. also some lowkey slytherin slander, but its just Pansy and Draco.

------------------

You trudged through the hallways, down the dungeons and to potions class, groaning internally as you thought of facing Snape's sour attitude. You were a minute late, which to any other professor would be overlooked, but to Snape, you were sure to get a grade deduction and a stern glare.

You entered the classroom with your books clutched to your chest, fighting the urge to roll your eyes as Snape stopped talking to wait for you to take your seat, inevitably leaving all eyes trained on you as you settled in your chair. You sighed once you sat comfortably and Snape resumed talking.

Quietly, you took a deep breath and pushed your books to the side. You didn't even take the time to acknowledge your potions partner, Ron Weasley, who placed a comforting hand on your back.

"You alright?" He chuckled lightly, his low voice just quiet enough not to attract any attention.

"'M fine." You nodded your head, the comfort from him leaving you a bit embarrassed.

Ron Weasley was quite possibly the kindest person you had ever met. He was sweet and warm, and always took the time to ask you how you were. It was something you always kept close to your heart, that despite how quiet you could be, he always sought you out.

As introverted as you were, you found it much more enjoyable to keep to yourself. You held a small group of friends close to your heart, your select few were all you needed. Anyone else was a mere acquaintance or simply not worth your time. However, Ron fell into a category you hadn't made, and he was crossing the line from acquaintance to something more.

As Snape finished explaining the instructions for the day's assignment, he waved his cloak clad arm as an indication for the students to begin working. You exhaled a deep breath as the room filled with potions partners chatting about the assignment.

You turned back to Ron and smiled lightly as he held the ingredients in his hand, you giggled to yourself as he looked completely at a loss for words, staring blankly at the cauldron. You took the ingredients from him, missing the way his eyes widened as your soft fingertips met his hands.

"Here, you can start cutting up the sopophorous bean, I'll work on the hermit crab shell."

Ron nodded sheepishly as you instructed him, suddenly feeling very embarrassed in his lack of knowledge of potions. But he felt his shoulders relax at the warm smile that rose to your lips.

The two of you worked in sync, taking turns with the ingredients and monitoring the cauldron. It was the most relaxing potions class you'd had in years, and you were fully aware it was due to Ron's presence. You found yourself admiring him several times throughout the class, staring at his adorable side profile and the way his lips curved into a smile when you praised him for doing something right. The thought of your unbearable potions teacher hadn't even crossed your mind.

You stepped away from your desk as you noticed you were in need of your last ingredient, your eyes remained on Ron as you walked forward, but you were immediately met with the chilling sensation of liquid soaking through your robes. You glanced up quickly at the sound of a feminine cackle before you.