Now I'm all about you // s.b.

summary — in which sirius black mends the heart of the girl he's in love with, y/n y/l/n, who ends up falling for him in the process.

word count — 4.2k

warnings — cursing, I think thats it.

------------------------

Sirius Black nearly landed straight on his face as he stumbled forward after stepping on the back of James Potter's shoe. Sirius wasn't watching where he was going as he followed his friends out of the Great Hall, instead, his gaze was trained on the pair snogging across the corridor; Y/N Y/L/N and Bertram Aubrey.

"Oi! Watch it, Padfoot." James turned back to Sirius as he yanked his foot forward, but his brows furrowed as he turned back to his friend, zoned in completely on something else entirely. James followed Sirius' line of sight to the couple across the room and sighed.

Sirius hadn't looked away since he saw Bertram snogging the girl he was in love with. Y/N Y/L/N, a bright young witch with a knack for helping the marauders out on potions and pranks as she had her own love for mischief. It was fourth year when Sirius fell for her, she stopped them from brewing an incorrectly made potion, inevitably saving their asses from a month's worth of detention.

"Come on, Pads." James sighed, tossing his arm around his friend's shoulder to try and guide him back to their common room.

Even now, seventh year and eighteen years old, Sirius Black still couldn't get the witch off his mind. She was everywhere it seemed, not only did she help with their pranks, but she also became rather close to the group over the years and while Sirius was happy to spend any sliver of time with her, it almost made it worse seeing her everyday and knowing she wasn't his.

Remus and Peter turned at the huff that left Sirius' lips, having trailed far in front of the other two marauders. Remus noticed the girl across the corridor immediately and pursed his lips, feeling guilty for his lovesick friend.

"Let's go, mate." Remus sighed, coming to Sirius' other side to usher him towards the gryffindor common room.

As the boys arrived, they all collapsed onto the couch and chairs surrounding the fireplace. Remus pulled out his quill to work on an essay with Peter, while James tossed his head back for a nap. But Sirius sat with his chin in his hands, eyes narrowing onto the glow of the fireplace as his mind raced with thoughts.

He hadn't even realized his knee was bouncing irritably, it wasn't until James spoke up that he stopped.

"Knock it off, Pads, 'M trying to nap here." James spoke out, not caring to open his eyes.

Sirius muttered an apology, consciously refraining his frustrated jitters from continuing. He rang out his hands next, unknowingly just transferring his nerves to another distracting behavior. Peter and Remus met each other's annoyed gazes before glancing up at Sirius with furrowed brows. Once he finally stopped, they returned to their essay.

The three of them were sure their anxious friend had removed all his jitters after that, and they all returned to their original activities in silence.

"... Bertram Aubrey?"

James, Remus and Peter all huffed unanimously, releasing their frustrated sighs into the common room. Sirius shot up at their desperate huffs and rolled his eyes, before settling back against the couch with his arms crossed over his chest.

"He's no good for her." Sirius tossed his hands up, protesting their whines for him to drop the subject.

"I mean, you don't know that." Peter spoke up softly.