Feel the way I want to // s.b.

summary — stubborn and hardheaded y/n y/l/n is convinced by her two bestfriends to go to a gryffindor party, where she and sirius black are unknowingly being set up. || slytherin!reader. based off the party scene in 10 things I hate about you. song: - caroline rose ||

word count 5k

warnings —  alcohol, cigarettes, cussing, kind of alludes to sex (?). all characters are 18 in this.

------------------------- 

Y/N sat tucked in the corner of the library, book in hand, as her eyes scanned the pages that read the climax of her book. It was a high stakes scene, the protagonist's situation was seemingly hopeless, as the antagonist paraded over her with a sickening smile and a proud speech. Her fingers curled around the edge of the book as she swiftly flipped the page, eagerly finding the top of the next page to pick up where she left off. The protagonist spit out a witty remark, one that had the antagonist stumbling back as they realized the plan the protagonist had all along. The antagonist's back hit the wall, and just as the protagonist rose to utter her threat–

"Hello?" A pale hand snatched the book from her grasp, leaving Y/N to whine in protest as she reached forward to take it back, only for it to be pulled further away.

"Lily!" Y/N scoffed, shooting daggers directly into her green eyes. The redhead only chuckled and returned the book, glancing at a snickering Marlene who sat beside her. Y/N huffed as she rested her bookmark in between the pages, the moment of exciting anticipation long gone.

"Bloody hell," She grumbled, "Don't you two have anything better to do than ruin my free time?"

"Such a drama queen." Marlene quipped, leaning forward to grab Y/N's face and press a kiss to her forehead, laughing softly when she pushed her away playfully.

"What do you want?" Y/N raised a brow, tucking her book away in her bag.

Lily and Marlene exchanged waiting glances, as if they were encouraging the other to speak first. Y/N's brows scrunched as neither girl spoke up. Lily nodded her head towards Marlene, silently giving her permission to speak first. Marlene only blinked back at Lily who squinted her eyes at her friend, chewing on her bottom lip momentarily before she finally huffed and cleared her throat.

"We want you to go to a party with us." She sighed.

Y/N raised a brow, her eyes flitting between the two girls before her with a humorous gaze. They had to be playing a joke on her. She blinked, remaining quiet as she waited patiently for one of them to crack a smile and admit they were joking and out of their bloody minds. But her sarcastic smile fell when neither girl spoke up, only exchanging odd glances of confusion at their friend's lack of response.

"Hah!" Y/N snorted before deadpanning, "You're joking."

"Merlin, Y/N," Marlene huffed, "You haven't been to a party in forever and it's our seventh year!"

Y/N glazed over Marlene's pleading look, soft eyelashes batting up at her in the most innocent way. She raised a brow, glaring down at Marlene with what was described as her slytherin stare.

"Stop that." Marlene hissed before turning to Lily, "I hate when she does that. Your turn."

Lily huffed and turned to Y/N, taking her hands in her soft, pale ones to grab her attention, "Look, babe, we know parties aren't really your thing," Y/N interrupted Lily with a scoff, but the determined girl continued, "But, gryffindor is almost guaranteed a win against hufflepuff this week since their captain is out, and they throw wicked parties."

Lily knew by the tension releasing from Y/N hands in hers that she was closer than ever in winning her friend over, but she noticed the hesitation in her eyes. She chewed on her bottom lip, scouring the depths of her minds for something, anything, to push her over the edge.