𝑅𝑒𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑛

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

It was a beautiful day in the palace of Kabetsu and everyone was wide awake and ready for a big day that was ahead of them. The palace thrived with life as maids and others who resides in the palace walked around doing something to keep them busy.

And by big day... it was a big day. For two reasons. The first thing, was that one of the King's good friends were getting married and were holding it in the palace. Food was to be prepared as well as decorations, as well as a whole bunch of other things.

And the last thing, was for your return to the kingdom. After a decade of being hidden away. Secretly learning what you had to do and what you'd be doing the rest of your years. You were the heir to the throne. And you were to be queen.

Your best friends, Cho and Maiko, we're getting along well, but not as much. Maiko and Cho had been busy after the first three years that you had gone. They had begun to grow apart. Maiko was your soon to be lady, and Cho had been learning about becoming one. Since you insisted that she did become one when you would return. You always wrote to each one of them every week. Telling of how you were and how your life was going on during the years. They missed you a lot. Especially Cho. You were like a sister to her. Even if you were the future queen, you knew that you'd always treat her like a part of the family.

But one thing lingered on her mind.

Would she be fit for the job by your side? To help you throughout your journey of running the country? You were going to rule it soon. And she was nervous that she wouldn't be enough for you. But also, were you the same from when you first left? You always wrote to her as if nothing had changed. But, were you different? Would you hate her?

"Cho!"

The young woman snapped her head up from her anxious thoughts and looked up to one of the cooks in the kitchen.

"Are okay? You look like you've been up in the clouds all morning."

Cho blinked to herself before letting off a small nervous laugh, "No no I'm fine! Just a excited for tonight."

The cook gave her a warm smile and went to put in a batch of famous Japanese desserts into the fireplace to bake. Cho continued her work on making more desserts for later on.

"No! The flowers go there!" A woman shouted loudly, pointing towards a certain area of the ballroom. The maids bowed apologetically and began to move in the direction where the woman was pointing.

The woman crossed her arms and looked around admiring her admirable planning skills.

Many cherry blossom branches connected together along the ceiling and the golden walls of the palace in which they all called home. Small cherry blossom trees that were growing wonderful were placed along the sides of the ballroom once you'd walk in. It was rather a beautiful day today with rays of warm sunshine beat down upon everyone in the room. Casting a warm glow to the golden engraved walls and ceiling.