𝑄𝑢𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑀𝑦 𝑃𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑒

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

~ One month later ~

Times we're definitely different now. With you and Lin trying to work together, it was hectic. With every passing day, there was always one point where he would talk about how great he was, then he'd bitch and complain about how he was solving your countries problems instead of doing something else. Whatever it was, it pissed you off, and your patience was running thinner and thinner.

Cho had been more quiet and distant. It concerned you greatly. You never did question her, but lately, she always looks like she wants to cry all the time, and it was getting worse.

I've gotta talk to her in the morning... I can't handle this anymore with her. You thought amidst walking down the hallway of the palace. Your kimono dragging slightly behind you.

And Maiko? You weren't sure about Maiko. She seems more, in your face about things. She asks questions she normally wouldn't ask, she's more... involved with decisions of the kingdom. She claims she's helping you run the country. As if you couldn't already.

Your mother still wasn't here to help you, she was still in China discussing terms with the nobles and trying to befriend them all, make your family seem more willing to communicate with others.

Your father though, almost every decision you made, was always him changing it or not siding with your own.

It was very frustrating; however, you always looked forward to this moment to be able to have your new best friend to talk to.

Tanjiro allowed you to rant if you needed. And sometimes, he knew exactly when you needed to let all of your troubles spill out. You even hugged one another when times were immensely difficult. He just knew how to comfort you; to which you were so very grateful for.

As you both got to know one another more, you always felt your heart beat faster around him. Why was it? You were always so excited to see him. It wasn't like with your friends, but something more. You were hoping it wasn't what you were thinking. If it was, that would be an issue.

Walking into the throne room, you flinched upon walking inside to your father slamming his fist on the table in irritation. You could feel the wrath radiating from him, the noblemen around the table almost shit their own pants. Lin was across the table with Sun next to your own father.

There was that same map along the table as they discussed the issue at hand; which you knew was the same one from before and had been.

"I'm so tired of this!" F/n slammed his fist on the table again. "You're sure of this?"

One of the noblemen had a guard next to him that looked like he'd taken a beating to. "Yes, this is what he's informed me of."