𝑅𝑜𝑦𝑎𝑙 𝐵𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑑

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

Walking throughout the gardens peacefully, parasol in hand and listening to the birds chirp delicately at their will, you smiled to yourself. What a lovely day.

The boy, Tanjiro popped into your head. You thought about him. All day the next day you had been thinking about him the whole time. Every minute you grew curious. Questions had formed into your head like a broken damn. So many of them. Like where he came from, how old he was, what does he do in the woods alone? There were too many to count.

"What's on your mind, my child?"

You snapped your head from your thoughts as you turned your head to see your mother walking beside you.

"Oh! Uhm... nothing." You said. Looking forward at the stone path ahead of you. Your mother raised a brow.

"Okay—" she smirked and rolled her eyes playfully. "Whatever you say."

You raised your eyebrow at her. But soon shrugged it off. You both walked for at least a minute in silence. Admiring the gentle sound of the breeze and chirping of the birds. Until your mother spoke up again.

"The prince will be coming here soon." She came in. Brining up the fact that you are to be married, again. Your back straightened slightly at the thought.

It scared you. You had to marry someone you didn't even know. Who knows what this boy could be like. Was he a good person? Would he respect you? Or toss you aside like a tool? Maybe he was a good one. You had no idea, but you had to at least give him a chance. Who knows, maybe he's thinking the same thing you are right now.

"I know." You responded.

"Why so nervous?"

You blinked. "I've never met him and what if he doesn't treat me right? What if I don't like him at all?"

"Well, I can't promise you anything. You won't know. He's coming to get to know you. So this is the chance to figure that out yourself."

You nodded to yourself. Pressing your lips into a fine line. You hoped he'd at least be a decent person.

"So, the prince is coming... today?!" Cho asked.

Maiko nodded her head and smiled. "Yes." She turned her head around to meet your gaze that looked away from the both of them slightly. Maiko raised a brow.

"You don't seem to excited, Y/n." She mentioned. "What's troubling you?"

You blinked for a quick second and looked up at your friend into her dark brown orbs.