𝑆𝑡𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑔𝑡ℎ 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝐻𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

"Again."

It had been almost a month since you'd woke from your coma. Your wound had healed quicker than most of the other demon slayers had expected.

There was something inside you that had snapped. Or a feeling you never had deep inside had woke and changed your view on everything around you.

Hearing about what was going on in your home country, it hurt you, but you were also angry, restless, you wanted to kill that bastard for taking your home away. Taking the lives of your friends, and condemning you to death.

No one knew you were alive. With each passing day, more and more people had lost hope that things would be better.

You knew that.

When your wound healed, you wanted to learn to fight. Because you knew that one day, there would come a time where you had to kill him. That's were your people, and you'd defend them until your very last drop of blood.

Tanjiro and the others were willing to train you. He even got back to training as well. Since he became human again, he'd wanted to train, and he was more than happy to help you.

There was only one thing wrong, his training revolves around killing demons, not humans. It was entirely against his code of conduct as a demon slayer to attack a human, because you might as well just be a demon. He had mixed feelings about this whole thing.

But as he thought about it more, this human in particular had the mentality of a demon. He may have human qualities, but inside... he truly was a demon.

He killed people, just because of their opposing point of view and not accepting him as their king. He'd kill them, actually kill them.

And he fully understood why you wanted to return the favor as you continued to fight against Nezuko in the training yard.

You were just pushed back by Nezuko forcing you backwards with her wooden sword. You stumbled backwards, but went back to retaining your posture. Breathing in and out, that was a major factor in staying alive.

"You almost got me that time." Nezuko gave you a quick grin. "Don't let your rage take over you completely. It'll be the difference between life and death."

You nodded and straightened your back, holding up your own makeshift sword upwards, facing down toward her.

Nezuko then charged forward and feeling her sword back to attack.