𝐹𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑚𝑖𝑒𝑠

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

"Wait, let me go with you!"

Nezuko huffed and continued to adjust her uniform for her next mission.

"No, I can handle this myself." She replied, grabbing her nichirin sword with the flame hilt. The blonde demon slayer groaned and rubbed his temples slowly.

"How do you even know it could be him?"

"I don't. But I have to keep looking. He's out there somewhere."

"It's been three years, Nezuko." The amber eyed boy mentioned, sounding out the words that made Nezuko remember how long it's been since the fight.

"I know!" She snapped. Quickly realized that she yelled at him unintentionally, she apologized. "I'm sorry, Zenitsu. I've just been frustrated lately."

"It's fine. We all have been, but you should rest. You've been going on every mission since the fight."

"I know, but if there's a chance that he's still out there, I have to bring him back." She settled her sword around her waist and sheathed it in its case. "Tanjiro is my brother. He's kept me alive and was willing to die for me. And I couldn't even do that for him."

Zenitsu noticed when she trailed off, her voice was becoming brittle. He's done so much for her, after the fight with Muzan, the demon king, and when Tanjiro turned into one because of Muzan, he fled. And he hasn't been found since then.

Nezuko was determined to find him and bring him back home. She knew he was still alive out there somewhere, she knew her big brother well. She knew he was still out there. She just hoped that he wasn't too far gone.

"Nezuko, I know you're upset about this. Believe me, we all are." Zenistu whispered. "I just want you to be safe."

Since Tanjiro's disappearance, Zenitsu began to realize that he was going to have a job now. He had to protect Nezuko for his best friend. So he learned to be strong and brave. Not only by the others including Nezuko, but from Tanjiro himself.

"Thank you, Zenitsu." Nezuko smiled towards him. The amber eyed slayer stepped forward, held her shoulders and leaned in with a kiss to her forehead. Nezuko felt her heart flutter and butterflies in her tummy.

"Can I say goodbye to the others?"

"Of course you can, why wouldn't I let you?"

Nezuko shrugged and went to find the others.