𝑂𝑑𝑑 𝑇𝑖𝑚𝑒𝑠

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

!SLIGHT MATURE CONTENT!

Tanjiro had dove into the details of his entire backstory, to which you had paid attention to this whole time, feeling your heart break as it continued on with every sentence. You could tell how much pain he was in, as if he were reliving those moments all over again.

He said he never lived here to begin with. He lived in the mountainsides of Japan. He was a coal burner and helped out his family out by working hard labor. But he didn't bring up any sadness when he lived there, they were all a happy family despite them not having enough money to by luxuries.

One day, he told you that he went to sell coal, there was a huge storm, so he rested in a fellow native of the area who kept him safe that night.

The next morning, coming back home, he found his sister and baby brother laying in the snow, covered in pools of their own blood that soaked into the snow. He found that not only was it them, but all of his family had died.

He found that his sister was alive, he tried to take her to the doctor, later finding out she was turned into a demon. Eventually they met someone and Tanjiro traveled along with his sister so that he could find a cure for her.

During that time, he trained for two years as she had fallen into a coma-like state. He was worried he'd wake up one day and find her dead. When he passed a test to get into a secret organization known as the 'Demon Slayer Corps', his sister had woken.

After that, he had taken on missions to slay demons and try to find a cure to end his sister's curse. Eventually, he and all of the members of the corps had a huge battle against the one demon that was the master of them all.

His mind had gone somewhat hazy after that battle, but all he knew was that one day, he found himself in the woods, covered in blood and dirt, and away from everyone he knew. This was the first time where he felt alone.

"And I've been that way ever since."

You were completely shocked. How could someone be by themself for that long? You felt horrible for leaving him behind.

"Well, that's going to change." You started. "From this day forward, you won't be alone anymore. I'll come and visit you every night so that you won't be lonely anymore. I can't have someone feeling like that if I become queen. It'll be my first duty."

You said that with such determination. His heart filled with joy.

I... won't have to be alone anymore. I'll have a friend again.