𝐻𝑎𝑖𝑙 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑄𝑢𝑒𝑒𝑛

(Audio HIGHLY suggested, I will include time stamps)

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

It'd been about a month now since Kazuji had fallen; life had turned drastically for Japan. When word had gotten to every village and town in the country, everyone seemed to exhale a breath that they'd been holding for what seemed like an eternity. It was over, peace could be restored.

The people were hesitant at first with you. They weren't sure whether or not you'd be the same as Kazuji, better yet your father; however, you'd proved them all wrong. And they were quite glad they were wrong.

You made sure that people were paid properly for a hard days work. They could spend time with their families more and could eat meals everyday, like how it used to be. The villages had come back to life. Your kingdom was the heart beat of Japan again, and you and the others had started it up again, bringing peace and joy to every part of the country.

Only was it back to the way it was, but it was better than it'd ever hoped to be for the people. The economy was better, lives were happier, people treated equally not matter if they had a coin or not, they were all treated the same, as all humans should.

Your people had also learned of the demon slayer corps. Learned of how far back they'd been protecting people day after day; laying down their lives to protect humanity. And how indebted they are to every single one of them. The Butterfly Mansion had become a hospital for the sick and injured. And a mark in history that'd been discovered to be remembered for generations to come.

It did take time for people to come around into accepting that Tanjiro was no longer a demon, that also included Sanemi, and the red head could understand. He just wished that he'd done something about Genya back then, as well as all the others. It'd be a scar on his soul for the rest of his life.

"That goes over there." A female voice echoed through the field of cherry blossom trees. "It's gotta look right and perfect. Don't want a hero of Japan on her big day to see unfinished business."

The bright and cheerful woman, turned to find her brother nearing her and smiling warmly her way. Wearing his uniform and usual, checkered haori.

"Need some help, Nezuko?" He asked his youngest sister.

"I think it's good for now, Oni-Chan. Zenitsu is setting up chairs and Inosuke is helping with other things." She replied. She looked back and forth for a moment then whispered in his ear. "Although I think he's eating in the kitchen."

The both of them snorted. Imagining stealing some red bean buns from the kitchen and one of the cookers yelling at him.

Nezuko sighed. "I feel like it was just yesterday. She's come so far."