𝐹𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑌𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

"Well," The butterfly nurse started. "Your wound is all healed. Only thing is, it's going to be a scar."

You nodded to yourself. Another half a month had passed and no sign of good news in the country. People were being executed whenever someone would rebel in public; according to Nezuko and a couple others that went out keeping a low profile.

"Thank you, Aoi, Kanao." You smiled warmly. "Both of you. I can't thank you enough for all that you've done."

Aoi grinned back towards you as you went on to stand from the bed. Aoi went in to put a few things away along with Kanao to help her.

You were adjusting your kimono and heard the door slide open. You turned to find the red head trudging into the room.

He grinned as his burgundy orbs landed on your own. "Hey, how's it going?"

"It's all good. My wound is fully healed now, but it'll be a scar." You replied, your tone falling slightly at the last part of your sentence.

"Well, I'm going to work on chores." Aoi stated, going to put some vials away. "If you need anything, Y/n, you know where to find me."

Aoi bowed deeply. You bowed back with a smile. "Thank you again, Aoi-San."

She and Kanao went off together to work on chores. Leaving both you and Tanjiro in the room together alone.

It was an awkward silence for a moment until he wanted to speak up. "Hey, umm, I know that this is kinda random, but I figured that after all the training you've been doing, maybe you'd want a rest today?"

You raised a brow.

"Maybe we could do something together. Since back then we could only see each other during the night." He asked feeling sheepish. "I've wanted to do something together with you, but we never got the chance because of... things."

You beamed up. "I'd love to, Tanjiro."

"Where is this?" You asked as a pair of warm hands covered your eyes from seeing anything.

"It's a surprise." He continued to walk behind you, urging you to follow forward. "Almost there."

Eventually about a minute later, he stopped behind you, his warm hands making your heart beat quicker than lightning strikes. He never failed to make your body feel whole, like you had belonged with him this whole time.