𝐺𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝐾𝑛𝑜𝑤

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

"Tanjiro Kamado..." You repeated while completely intrigued by the boy. "What a lovely name."

The poor blinked his eyes and looked down bashfully. A slight color of pink dusted his cheeks. Your voice was so captivating to him. He'd never seen you. Not met you at all. Yet, he couldn't help but feel connected with you all of a sudden. How is this possible? Meeting someone for the first time and already being so curious to know more. He wanted to know more about this girl. Who exactly she was. And why she showed up now.

He bowed his head in silence towards you. There was a long and awkward pause between the two. Both nervous to speak up. Until you did by clearing your throat.

"Why don't you come closer. Maybe get to know one another more?" You asked while coming under that large willow tree and sitting sideways underneath. Your hair glowed gracefully and elegantly with the wind. Along with a few ribbons that hung loose from the kimono you were wearing.

He was hesitant at first. He hadn't been in the sun for a while now. Would it reveal his true form? At this point, being around you. Someone so gracious and heaven-like. He could care less.

So he stepped forward into the sun. Revealing his slightly pale face along with those eyes that glowed brighter under the direct rays of the afternoon sunlight. This only peaked your curiosity more towards him.

He came and sat down next to you, although, a small distance away. He didn't want this to look to awkward and be close to a lovely being like yourself. For you both had just met. And sitting a certain distance away seemed to keep that friendliness in the air around you all.

"So, tell me about yourself, Tanjiro Kamado."

He snapped out of his thoughts as he nervously played with his fingers on his lap.

"W-Well what about you? My story isn't at all that interesting. Plus, you look like you have a story to tell about yourself."

You sighed at that softly. If anything, my story is probably more boring.

You couldn't trust this boy yet. For you didn't know him. Who he was and what his past was. And what he could do to you. Because right now, your life was in danger because of a bunch of assholes who's only purpose is to snatch that crown from your family and force them to rule the kingdom in a new monarchy. Their monarchy. And by what you've been told. It's all for power and money. Nothing more. You couldn't risk it. This could disappoint your family.

"I can't exactly say." You mumbled loud enough for the boy, Tanjiro, to hear. "Mine's not really that interesting anyways. I guess we are both even with that."