𝑇𝑜 𝑆𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑈𝑠 𝐴𝑙𝑙

*Audio HIGHLY suggested! I will add timestamp(s) at certain points*

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

"Nezuko... I have to." You tried to reason with her. "I can't just sit around and wait for someone to do this for me."

About a week had passed. You kept on training and training to the point where you could fight like a natural. You were swift on your feet—or so what Kanao had said—and quick to anticipate movement from the opponent.

"I know, Y/n, I know... I'm just—worried about you is all." Nezuko responded back. "It's not how it used to be. People fighting all the time, crime all over—"

"Not to mention it smells like shit." Inosuke added crossing his arms.

"I know Nezuko." You said. "They are my people. They someone to help them, no one is standing up to Kazuji. I need to give these people hope, hope that their lives can be better. I have to help them. I survived a massive injury, that must mean something."

"I know." She huffed, seeing now there would be no way to change your mind. You were determined more than ever to live up to your bloodlines name, you were a royal, and determined to help your people, it was the job of them. You had were born one, so you'd take that opportunity to make everything better for everyone.

"You shouldn't go alone." Nezuko added. "I'd hate to think of you there alone. There are some people who hated the royal family. I know that from men talking and gambling in taverns and everything. I shudder to think of it."

You nodded to yourself. You understood them and how she was worried. It was like you being worried for them and how much they meant to you. You couldn't lose anyone else.

"Nezuko, I'm the one that dragged all of you into this. I feel terrible for it." You started, draping your arms at the sides and clenching your fists. "You are all demon slayers, your goal is to protect humans, but, if I did go to war and I dragged all of you with me, you'd be going against who you've all sworn to protect. I—I can't do that to you. It's not right."

"Y/n... listen." Kanao started, stepping forward. "Yes, it is true, we are to protect and lay down our lives for humans, but this is different. That man who took the throne, he's putting everyone's lives in danger. He's killing them all, one by one, he's no different than a demon. So, if killing him, a human, means that their suffering will end, then I will go against the rule."

Everyone around stared at Kanao; bewildered at the speech she'd given. She was more talkative than she had been before the battle against the demon king, but for her to pour out how she really felt, it's still shocked them all, but they were proud of her; she'd come a long way since then.