𝐼𝑛𝑛𝑜𝑐𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

"Father please no." You pleaded. "I beg of you."

"Don't beg." He snarled. "Future queens don't beg. It's a sign of weakness."

"You're my father! Believe me that it's not her! Cho would never do something like that!"

You could feel the tears beginning to pour from your eyes endlessly. Your heart breaking. He couldn't take her away from you. You loved her like a sister, she was the closest thing you had to her in this life as a royal. She's helped you in so many ways, now it was your turn to return the favor.

"Y/n, there's clear evidence here that she's been sending them letters about our moves." He held the piece of parchment up. "Just because she's your friend, doesn't mean she saw you the same way."

No, it couldn't be... you thought. There's no way she would... would she?

You were afraid that your mind could be right, but at the same time, your heart screamed at your soul that it wasn't her.

You've known Cho for so long, practically everything about her. You knew she respected you, and you knew she saw you as her best friend. So why would she give away information to them? It just didn't make sense.

"She's been playing you Y/n." He huffed in anger, starring down at you as you stood at the front of the crowd that gathered around the large platform with a man covered in all black at the side, a katana at his side. "Get that through your head if you're gonna be queen."

You didn't know what to do. All of these people were watching behind you. Maiko was with you, looking just as worried as you, yet she remained silent. You figured she was too shocked to speak.

The King straightened his back and faced the crowd of people of the kingdom. His own bejeweled katana faced into the floor of the platform as it reached to the height of your chest.

"People of Japan." F/n shouted out to all. "The Yakaki Clan has had a traitor come into our home, and steal the plans to put an end to them. Your husbands, their deaths were because of this person. Who was part of their group and fed them information. This, this is unacceptable. And she will be punished."

The people began to boo, not towards your father, but to whom they believed was the traitor. You looked around at them. They didn't know her like you did.

"Father please." You begged from below while the crowd continued to shout insults. "Don't do this."

He didn't even bother to look down and see the evident pain that adorned your facial expression. Anyone could look at you and see how hurt you really were. It pained you to be in this position.