𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐺𝑎𝑡𝑒

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

Horses ran down the beach, waves crashing and hoofs moving, creating a sound like that of thunder. Your army, your people charging for their freedom. They would risk their lives to fight for what they believe in.

Kazuji watched as your army stormed the beaches. He motioned to the commander at his side. "Light the catapults."

The commander nodded. He turned his body around towards the guards down below in the main area as there were more than five catapults and they began to become inflamed.

The commander held a fist upwards. "Ready!" The threw his fist down. "FIRE!"

Each guard began to pull a rope as the catapults began to swing upwards and let the flaming ammo begin to fly up and out towards your army.

"HERE THEY COME!" Shouted one of soldiers in your army from behind. You could already see the flames flying outward and aiming your way.

"BREAK!" You shouted and leaned to the side to avoid the multiple shots. They all came crashing to the ground, exploding as sand blew into the air and fell back due to gravity like pellets of stone. You instinctively threw your elbow up to keep sand from flying into your face, continuing to gallop forward.

There were more and more coming. One hit far to the left, targeting five of your men. Them and their horses fell to the ground, squeals of their horses echoing over the exploding flames.

You were nearing the walls of the palace and saw the lines of men and their long bows lined up.

"EVERYONE! ARROWS ARE COMING!" You warned in a holler over a flaming explosion towards your right.

The commander held his fist up again. "AIM!" The archers one by one loaded their long bows and pulled back, aiming forward. "RELEASE!" Their arrows began to bellow your way.

Shit! You thought. "Tanjiro!"

He nodded as that was his signal. He was aware of what to do when the arrows would be fired. He unsheathed his sword and took in a deep breath; preparing for what was to come. It's been a while since he'd performed such a ferocious attack, but he knew deep down he could do it.

"Dance of the Fire God; Burning Bones, Summer Sun!" He clenched his sword tight and matched his momentum to disappear off his horse. You were quick to grab the reins of his horse and keep them onto your own.

In an instant, all of the arrows that were beginning to come closer were engulfed in bright red and orange flames. Little pellets of wood and embers falling to the ground. You sighed with relief.