02 (Balbadd arc

Given the state of Balbadd, I didn't expect to get more than gruel or bread if I was lucky. It was a starving nation. Yet I found myself eating a meal with a little more substance to it. I couldn't call it delicious, but as the saying goes "hunger is the best spice." A part of me wondered if I'd get sick from eating the local food since my body wasn't used to it.

It was just me, and Ja'far. I could tell something was off, but I was too hungry to care. He kept his customer service face on the whole time. If I was in a more confident and mischievous mood I would have made myself difficult just to see how far I could push him. Instead, I expressed my thanks.

"You were able to find her!"

I almost choked at Sinbad's sudden entrance.

The king turned to me with smoldering eyes and a soothing tone

The king turned to me with smoldering eyes and a soothing tone. "It's an honor to meet the Beautiful Prophet again."

I was just lucky I was focusing on breathing and hadn't gone back to eating or I might have actually died from his flirty line. I had to remind myself that he never means anything he implies while flirting.

Not breaking stride, Sinbad put one hand on the table and leaned towards me. "It all happened just like you said it would: Prince Sahbmad's reveal to my conversation with Morgiana this morning." He gestured to his general, "Even Ja'far scolding me. So Beautiful Prophet, what's going to happen next?"

He was clearly expecting something great from me while I was too busy looking for the exit from his eyes.

'Prophet?' I repeated in my thoughts when I was able to form them again. Ja'far had called me one too. That meant they believed that I really did know fate at the level I did.

I looked down at the rest of my food with the sobering realization that I was being bribed -or at least buttered up. I was finally fully awake.

I had already slipped up and revealed something I shouldn't have. I'd have to be careful not to mention anything else involving the Sacred Palace.

I broke eye contact and answered, "I'm not sure how much I should say, if I'm honest," and saw Sinbad sit down out of the corner of my eye.

Ja'far cut in "Can you at least tell us if this idiot will get his metal vessels back?" Sinbad gave a complaint to the name calling but we ignored it.

"He'll get them back," I said. "The thieves that stole them will realize what they are. In a few days there will be a battle which will make it easier for you to meet. Most of the fight will be over by then, but he will have reason enough to use his Djinn."

Sinbad turned to Ja'far, ecstatic. "See? I told you there was nothing to worry about!"

 "See? I told you there was nothing to worry about!"