29-Gender, Jewelry & Flirting p1

*more self-indulgent gender affirmation
*CW-implied past sexual child abuse ((paragraph marked like this))

~POV Mori~
The scribes that produce Sinbad's books spent most of their time working with the members of the Black, and White Towers to copy documents and research notes for record holding, The also create teaching material for the Black Libra Tower, and books to sell to other nations in the Alliance. Because of this, they were situated in a building next to the Black Libra Tower. It was an unmarked building in any of the supplementary material I had found for Magi. Most of the rooms in it were full of writing desks, and shelves to dry the new work on. There was a room for creating and storing ink that I would have liked to investigate if I had time. There was another room for storage of all the needed supplies.

As soon as we entered King Sinbad called a meeting where he put the production of his book on hold. He made a point to apologize to those who had been working on it, and offered a boon for the extra work they would need to do once he fixed the manuscript. At least one of these diligent scribes excused himself for an early lunch, and another requested the rest of the day off. Honestly, I would have wanted to do the same if I found out I had basically wasted half a week of work. I was surprised that it was allowed without question.

Watching King Sinbad be a better boss to his people than most of the authority figures I'd experienced through my life felt strange

Watching King Sinbad be a better boss to his people than most of the authority figures I'd experienced through my life felt strange. I reminded myself that although Sinbad was a capitalist, he wasn't ruthless. All throughout the franchise we see constant examples of the people living and working under him being happy to do so. They respect Sinbad, and feel that their own work has value. He isn't tyrannical by nature, nor does he want to be. Even in the final arc, he immediately stopped his plans once he was able to see how war like they were. Sinbad was definitely devious, and manipulative, but he hadn't become conniving or cruel yet. There was still time for him to walk down a different path and realize a different Fate. I was relieved by this just as much as it caused a disconnect in me. I was going to need time to process this, so I put the feeling in a drawer in my heart to examine later.

When the scribes went on break, Sinbad started going over the next issue of the story with me. It was the most cheesy, over the top, self indulgent, hype story I'd ever read -and I've consumed more than my fair share of action shonen series. It would be right at home in a Saturday morning block. I wanted to read it from the beginning, so I'd definitely have to get my hands on the past installments later.

An upside to ink and parchment compared to is that you can remove and fix a mistake without damaging the parchment with an ink knife-if you're skilled enough. All the same, I was definitely going to reinvent the printing press next. I had worked with an old fashion printing press in school, so I understood the basic design and process. And I knew I wouldn't have the same problem that Europeans did when they tried to bring the printing press to Arabian countries. Industrial printing was originally refused by Arabs in the 1500's because the people that were known for using it were seen as magicians and swindlers (for good reason). I don't think I will have as hard a time getting it accepted compared to reality because I was a Prophet respected by these people -and this was fanfiction.