19 (Settling in Sindria -After Dinner

~POV Ja'far~
Sinbad was undeniably intelligent and cunning, but the same antics that saved them left and right were also what caused half of their problems. When drunk, Sinbad made more impulsive decisions with awful judgement. To make matters worse, his decisions involving Mori were already becoming more impulsive without alcohol. So of course when he had both of them, his behavior was completely inexcusable. It took a bit of bickering for Ja'far to convince Sinbad to take his turban back and actually leave with Spartos' help.

The Prophet was left frozen by Sinbad's behavior. Ja'far tried to get her attention, but just like when she had ignored Sinbad on the ship, she seemed to be ignoring Ja'far in her stupor.

"I uh... Imma go to bed." Mori finally vocalized something. "Good night everybody..." She was slow to move though.

This was exactly why Ja'far had stayed behind. "Let me escort you back." She didn't seem anywhere near aware enough for him to feel confident that she could make it back on her own.

She made some sound in response but there was equal chance that she didn't really hear him.

Even if she was a prophet and knew where everything was from reading Fate it was still dangerous for her to be walking alone. Her face was still new in the Palace so there was no guarantee that the guards wouldn't detain her if they saw her. And so Ja'far followed her to make sure she got back safely.

He did consider using this as an opportunity to get more information out of her but it was no more than a passing thought -just an acknowledgement of the option. Sin had said to give her a break before asking for more. He would respect his King's decision, and she was in no condition for an interrogation.

When they entered the courtyard she started to get tense. She stopped in the middle of the path and turn back towards him.

Ja'far had better night vision than most. She looked like she was bracing herself for something.

"Is something wrong?" he called out to her using as hospitable a tone as he could.

She answered his question with her own. "Why are you following me?"

"I was making sure you got to your room safely." So she really hadn't heard him.

She went quiet for a minute and didn't move. "Is that really it? I know you don't like that I'm withholding more of the Fate I know."

"King Sinbad said that he will allow you to keep those secrets for now. I might not like his decision but he is my King."

She looked shocked by that answer. Just how did she view him?

Again she hesitated before commenting. "Is that really okay though? I don't blame you for disagreeing. Even I know that if I just explain where the current path leads everything will be different; I'm just scared that if I do tell you everything, that we will run towards that Fate faster instead of preventing it."