32 Announcement Arc: Sindria's Prophet

~POV Artemina~
When the Queen of Artemyra first received notice from Sindria about this Prophet, her opinion could be summed up by her statement, "at least there will be another woman there to make sure things get done properly." She wasn't sure how much she trusted the idea of real prophecies from anyone other than maybe a Magi. Upon receiving the letter from her daughter however, her opinion changed immensely. "Sinbad has finally been tame?" She had to see it for herself. Perhaps, the fact that Sinbad calling all of the Heads of the Alliance to meet this Prophet was proof that she wasn't going to be just any addition to that man's resources.

Artemina had arrived in Sindria a few days early so she had plenty of time to catch up with her daughter, and to hear some of the rumors about the King and the Prophet from both Pisti, and the maids giggling in the hallways. The day of the Announcement couldn't come soon enough.

It was only a matter of time when the sun rose on the promised day. "I hope the Prophet likes my present."

---~POV Mori~This was really happening

---
~POV Mori~
This was really happening. I went over the plan in my head multiple times to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything. I was going to prove that I wasn't a love struck woman like in the rumors. I'd garner respect first, then I would start pushing more to be seen as my gender; the King and Generals would use my preferred pronouns, that was enough for now. I was growing impatient. It wasn't that long since the Great Bell rang out, and the first meeting wasn't scheduled to start until the next time it rung.

I held Sindria's emblem in my hands. It, the jewelry, and my copy of the contract from the other day were proof of what had happened, and that no one was here to take it away from me. I was okay. No one was sabotaging me, and I wasn't surrounded by reminders of my past that could lead me to sabotage myself -at least I hoped so. I could understand all of this logically, but my emotions and expectations hadn't caught up yet. I couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was bound to happen sooner rather than later, especially on a day like today. That was undeniably my anxiety and trauma talking. Today was going to be high stress no matter what happened, but I'd take breaks; I could handle today. I would be okay.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

I barely had the door opened before Pisti pushed passed me into my room. She was followed by other women clearly from Artemyra, and a few servants carrying boxes. The rising waves I had been feeling flooded into the room with them. My protests fell on deaf ears. After giving me a once over, Pisti yelled, "I knew it!" Then she pointed to a chair. "You sit. I'm in charge of your clothes!"

I stayed where I was. "What's wrong with my-"

"Do you want Artemyra's support or not?" She crossed her arms.

"What?"

The princess smirked up at me. "I told mama all about you. So she sent you a present to show her support."

"Oh! Um. What?" Guaranteed support of one of the other nations in the Alliance? But I haven't done anything to prove myself to anyone outside of Sindria yet. Why would Queen Artemina want to support me?