18 (Settling in Sindria -Dinner

((cw/under aged drinking- Pisti is under 21 but is shown drinking in cannon. I do not condone this, but I'm trying to keep to cannon so...drinking & drunkenness in general))

~POV Mori~
The greater flow of the waves had shifted SIGNIFICANTLY! I had caused a major shift in the story! I could feel it in the waves and see it on Sinbad's face, I had made him at least acknowledge his humanity, if not accept it. There was still his greed to contend with, but one thing at a time.

This was amazing. I felt amazing. I was amazing!

This was so much more intense than when I got off stage after my best performances

My heart had been going overtime for most of that -especially when Ja'far spoke. Was I even still breathing???

I couldn't let myself relax yet. I was still sitting in front of a King and his 8 Generals. Somehow I had gotten around saying the dangerous stuff. And thanks to Sinbad, Ja'far wasn't allowed to push me for more.

At the other end of the table, King Sinbad raised his cup. "Al Thamen isn't our only enemy? Fate isn't predestined? So what? We've been shaping Fate with our own hands from the beginning!"

And that's why I didn't have much issue with saying it. If King Sinbad could accept his humanity while he still had achievements to accomplish then he might not be as desperate when he starts loosing influence in 5 years. Maybe he'd be able to see it as part of the ebb and flow of life.

The King started his own rambling speech about Fate and their goals and choices. The Generals raised their cups in cheers.

Hinahoho looked down at me. He had been right next to me the whole time. If I didn't know he was a big softy inside from reading Fate, it would have been intimating. "You know, the way you guided this conversation reminded me a lot of Sin when he was young." His smile was reassuring. "I've got a pretty good idea what he saw in you now."

"Thank you."

I don't know what expression I had on my face but it made him laugh.

The King steered the the rest of the night away from heavy talk. Given the shock he just went through I didn't blame him.

~POV Sinbad~
"Sin, are you sure you want to end it here?" Ja'far's concern was obvious. "Most likely, she only explained about the Great Flow to make up for refusing to explain the 2nd Calamity."

"I doubt she'll respond well if we push her too quickly. Let's wait a few days and then ask again." The King took a sip of wine. "So for the rest of tonight, let's just enjoy ourselves."

Drakon joined the conversation. "For now, I'm choosing to trust our King's judgment."

Ja'far agreed.

Only time would put their worries to rest as Mori proves her loyalty to them all. They couldn't feel the waves like Sinbad could. They wouldn't understand how special she was -according to her speech, Mori didn't even understand that she was special. "Mori is from another world, so of course she will seem a little strange. Take some time to get to know her. She has been nothing but genuine to me." He took another sip of wine.